Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NEHUA Eruera: Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
Marama_Nehua OWC
(@marama_nehua-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am currently doing my whakapapa & am looking for anyone with information regarding my tupuna Eruera NEHUA born in about 1837 & baptized that same year by Anglican Bishop Henry Williams in Pakaraka.

Eruera NEHUA was from Ngati Rahiri, his mother was a younger sister of Hone Heke’s mother, & he was also a mokopuna of Patuone. I understand Eruera married Te Tawaka [HOHAIA?] in about 1862, & died in I think 1909?

Kai te whakamihi atu mo āu manaaki,

Marama NEHUA

Posted : 07 April, 2007 1:23 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Email me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2007 2:26 pm
Marama_Nehua OWC
(@marama_nehua-owc)

quote:

Email me.

Tēnā koe Kina,

Kai te tino hari ahau!

He tino āwhina koutou

KIA ORA!

Marama

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 April, 2007 2:50 pm
Dianne H
(@dianne-h)

Kia Ora, We have just arrived back home from an unveiling for Eru Nehua (Christian names) in Whakapara (Whangarei) and there are a lot of the Nehua names there and i believe they are all connected to Patuone. send me your email address and i might be able to put you in contact with someone who may be able to help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2007 9:53 pm
maoriann OWC
(@maoriann-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora,
I am currently doing my whakapapa & am looking for anyone with information regarding my tupuna Eruera NEHUA born in about 1837 & baptized that same year by Anglican Bishop Henry Williams in Pakaraka.

Eruera NEHUA was from Ngati Rahiri, his mother was a younger sister of Hone Heke’s mother, & he was also a mokopuna of Patuone. I understand Eruera married Te Tawaka [HOHAIA?] in about 1862, & died in I think 1909?

Marama NEHUA

Text

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2007 8:18 pm
kiwigirl75 OWC
(@kiwigirl75-owc)

What information do you need? I just spent the last three weeks in NZ researching my whakapapa and Eru Nehua is my great great great grandfather. I look forward to talking with you.

Yolanda.

quote:

Kia Ora,

Marama NEHUA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 5:24 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Kia Ora e te Whanau
George Hori Kiwikiwi BRYERS and Mere Parihi had a son called Eru Nehua BRYERS in Waihou. I have been told that Eru was raised by his whanaunga Eruera Nehua and his descendants use NEHUA BRYERS.
Eru Married 1) Harata Hohaia of Maraenui (died in Kotuku, Kaikohe) and they had 12 children. He married Bella MCLEAN, Kapu Eruera HEPEHI and Pari WI, but none of them had children to him. He married Ani or Anne Taringa Anderson of Waihou and they had 6 children.
Try the LDS.ORG website FAMILYSEARCH for a lot of these tupuna and their descendants or contact me again.
Jenny Bryers Reneti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 6:52 pm
Marama_Nehua OWC
(@marama_nehua-owc)

quote:

What information do you need? I just spent the last three weeks in NZ researching my whakapapa and Eru Nehua is my great great great grandfather. I look forward to talking with you.

Yolanda.

Thank you very much for your offer of help Yolanda, i am very grateful. At this stage i am just a novice & would appreciate anything you can offer.

Cheers,

Mārama

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2007 9:10 am
Marama_Nehua OWC
(@marama_nehua-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora e te Whanau
George Hori Kiwikiwi BRYERS and Mere Parihi had a son called Eru Nehua BRYERS in Waihou. I have been told that Eru was raised by his whanaunga Eruera Nehua and his descendants use NEHUA BRYERS.
Eru Married 1) Harata Hohaia of Maraenui (died in Kotuku, Kaikohe) and they had 12 children. He married Bella MCLEAN, Kapu Eruera HEPEHI and Pari WI, but none of them had children to him. He married Ani or Anne Taringa Anderson of Waihou and they had 6 children.
Try the LDS.ORG website FAMILYSEARCH for a lot of these tupuna and their descendants or contact me again.
Jenny Bryers Reneti

Mōrena Jenny,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner... especially after you have been so helpful! I have taken your advice & checked out the LDS website... AWESOME! Its given me alot of information & i reckon it'll take awhile to get thru it properly.

Once again... THANK YOU!!!

Mārama

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2007 9:20 am
Mk2_Zephyr OWC
(@mk2_zephyr-owc)

quote:

Jenny Bryers Reneti

again the LDS is not accurate, use only as a guide.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2007 12:44 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Marama,
I was browsing through all of the posts and your post caught my eye, the name Eru Nehua. And as I read through the threads, I realised the familiarity of all the names. I have been researching my whakapapa lines for sometime now and have had difficulty in learning more about my Tupuna Mereana Parihi. Who she was, her whanau. Korero via letters and phone calls suggested she was Ngapuhi from a small place called Towai. Whilst researching the name only I discovered her daughter also named Mere Parihi had indeed had a child with George Bryers just as relayed by jabwtworkpty.
I recall someone leaving me a post or giving me info which I cant quite recall I suspect it was written in an email - but without all the details I cant be of much help, it was suggested that I try to contact the previous chairman of Te Runanga A Iwi O Ngapuhi whos name escapes me now, but I never actually tried to contact them. This would have been about 2 years ago.
Anyway, goodluck with your research.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 June, 2007 3:36 am
Mana-Wahine OWC
(@mana-wahine-owc)

kia ora...

Im a descendant of Eru Nehua Bryers and his first wife Harata hohaia,My great-granmother is the daughter Te Aroha nehua Bryers.My nana is Pat Tau she lives in Waihou on the family land.If you havnt found any information my gran-uncle Sonny Tau (Chair-person of Ngapuhi) is the best person my family asks for whakapapa information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2007 6:54 pm
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

Check my wbesite: http://www.patuone.com

Eru Nehua married Te Tawaka Hohaia who was my grandmother, Hoana Hohaia's sister. Other siblings were Eru Patuone Hohaia, Ani Kaaro Hohaia, Kaioha, Raupia and Raunateri.

There is a lot of confused information out there.

Benjamin
======================
Dr Benjamin Pittman
Site Administrator, Patuone.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2008 2:04 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

quote:

Check my wbesite: http://www.patuone.com

Eru Nehua married Te Tawaka Hohaia who was my grandmother, Hoana Hohaia's sister. Other siblings were Eru Patuone Hohaia, Ani Kaaro Hohaia, Kaioha, Raupia and Raunateri.

There is a lot of confused information out there.

Benjamin
======================
Dr Benjamin Pittman
Site Administrator, Patuone.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2008 12:02 am
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Teenaa Koe Dr Pittman
He mihinunui ki a koe

I am grateful to you for confirming that Eru Nehua was married to Te Tawaka Hohaia.

Your site for Patuone is excellent and a credit to those who have researched your tupuna. Well worth a visit for those who would like to know more.

I am wondering if Eru Nehuas whangai moko, Eru Nehua Bryers was bought up with his first wife, Harata Hohaia. Also was Harata Hohaia a relation of Eru koros wife, Te Tawaka Hohaia? Do you have a link for these two women?

Do you know the link between Eru Nehua and Mere Parihi that would explain why her child, Eru Nehua Bryers was a whangai to Eru Nehua and how he came to bear his name?

Jenny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2008 12:16 am
Share: