Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NEHUA, Eruera: Maternal Grandfather of  

RSS
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Wanting confirmation of Eru Nehua's maternal grandfather please.
I think Eru's mother and Te Tawaka Hohaia's mother, Kateao Takupu were first cousins somehow.

Na Hohaia.

Posted : 26 January, 2006 8:23 am
mystic_cazz OWC
(@mystic_cazz-owc)

Hi Hohaia

My great grandmother was married to Eru Nehua, I don't know if this is any help but apparently he was raised by the nehuas, not actually a blood nehua. His first wife was a hohaia and his second wife was a Anderson and then my great grandmother. He was also known as Ned Nehua Bryers, he was Ngati Hine and lived to over 100 years old. I might be able to find you the name you are looking for or more information if this is the right person we are talking about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 February, 2006 8:00 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

I have knowledge the Eru Nehua you speak of.
He was Eru Nehua Bryers [Paraea].
It is Eruera Tupu Nehua that I refer to in my first posting.

TE WHAKAPAPA A ERU NEHUA BRYERS [ERU HORI PARAEA]:

TE WHAREUMU = MOEHURU
|
KA KOHU = JOHN BRYERS
|
GEORGE BRYERS [Hori Paraea] = MERE HONE WARE [2nd wife]
|
ERU NEHUA BRYERS = HARATA PATU HOHAIA [daughter of Patu Hohaia]
= ANNE ANDERSON [3rd wife]

Eru Nehua Bryers was born on 20 December 1878, and he was a whangai child of Eru Nehua and his wife Te Tawaka Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 February, 2006 10:45 pm
mystic_cazz OWC
(@mystic_cazz-owc)

Thanks for that Hohaia, my greatgradmother was the wife after Anne Anderson. So was there any connection

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2006 6:26 pm
Share: