Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NEPE/NEPSON/TOIWHARE Whanau  

RSS
aotearoa82 OWC
(@aotearoa82-owc)

I am looking for any information on the Nepe/Nepson/Toiwhare whanau from Waikato. My mum isn't sure what their surname actually was as her father apparently used Toiwhare, yet the family name was Nepson or vice versa, really not sure. I would like to know how this name confusion came about. More importantly anything you may know about this family. I know about my mum's generation of Nepson's. 1950's onwards, it's before this time that I'm at a blank. I know they lived at RD2 Parawera, the homestead actually still stands there today. Can anyone help please?

Posted : 25 June, 2006 12:28 am
mahia7 OWC
(@mahia7-owc)

Ae, tika tonu. The Nepe family hails from Waikato and go far back as to members of the Kingitanga--no joke! As for the name Nepson, I think it was just an addition of 'son' being added to Nepe as merely a son or sons of Nepe whanau.
I will keep in touch with you as regards the Nepe whanau.
Naku noa, Mahia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2007 1:27 am
whaimutu OWC
(@whaimutu-owc)

Kia ora Mahia. This is so awesome to see someone that knows about the Nepe whanau. I am an uri of Mokopurangi Nepe from Tainui, however, he did a runner so i'm told to Ngati Porou. I would be so interested if you know any other stories about the Nepe whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2007 6:04 pm
Hoterene Joe Parangi OWC
(@hoterene-joe-parangi-owc)

Kia ora.Me waeaatu peakoutou kia Maui Productions.E tahi wa e mahi ana ratou mo Maori T.V.Kei reira taku iramutu e mahi ana.Ko tona ingoa ko Herewini Waikato.Tona nei whaea ko Polly Nepe e noho nei ki Raahui Pokeka.Kia Kaha!Joe Parangi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2007 10:14 pm
Share: