Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NEPIA, Simon, looking for my grandfather  

RSS
erin727 OWC
(@erin727-owc)

I am trying to find any information on my grandfather, Simon Nepia (possibly also known as Solomon Nepia). He was born between 1925-1934 on the east coast of the north island, could be Rangitukia or Tikitiki. He was Ngati Porou.
He had a child with my grandmother, Ngaire Cowper, in 1950. Since then she lost contact with him.
I am tracing my ancestry and any information would be appreciated.

Posted : 03 January, 2007 10:24 pm
graeme
(@graeme)

Hi Erin. Hopefully, you have had all the information you need about Simon Nepia by now;  if not, sorry I cannot help you however I am hoping that you may be able to help me... I was born in Cook Hospital, Gisborne on 17 July 1953 and my mother, as recorded on my birth certificate, was Ngaire Ailsa Cowper, age 23. The father's name was not recorded. It certainly looks as if your grandmother was my mother... I would be very grateful for any information you have on her as I have none at all!  Cheers, Graeme 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2018 4:27 am
Share: