Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngakaho or Waihi Tamati  

RSS
PopEE OWC
(@popee-owc)

Looking for the whakapapa of the Ngakaho whanau. I believe that Hamona Waihi Ngakaho (1869) was the only male from the union of Arapera Tamatama & Tamati Ngakaho, his sisters would have been, Mere (1871) & Hera (1873). I believe that Hamona dropped the Ngakaho & took Waihi and his wife was Raiha Grant. Raiha was buried at Tikapa. The Ngakaho whanau were from the Rangitukia area. Mere Ngakaho's second husband was Te Kani Whatarau. Their children were Peti Waima who married Tuahae Kara, Kato who may have married a Panapa, Riria who may have married a Te Ranga and Piriote. Piriote had 2 daughters Hera who had 3 husbands, 1st Wi Hauiti, 2nd Tohe Te Kira and Morehu Awatere. Ripeka married John Tamou Kershaw I believe from Taranaki. I am not sure of Mere Ngakaho 1st husband but their daughter from that union - Arapera married Wiremu Te Whare Waenga and there nine children in that family. Any comments appreciated.

Edited by - PopEE on Feb 04 2008 5:09:12 PM

Posted : 04 February, 2008 5:04 pm
tuhoe_tutu OWC
(@tuhoe_tutu-owc)

Anei toku waea, 0212336379. If you ring me after 6pm tonight or even text me, my partner will ring you back as he is a grandson to Warahi Waihi, another words those are his greats you are searching for

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2008 10:50 am
Share: