Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGAPUHI, Hohi or Sophie: Looking for missing links in our whakapapa.  

RSS
tui bird OWC
(@tui-bird-owc)

Tena koutou katoa nga whanau o te motu. Our whanau are having problems with connections in our whakapapa that seem to disappear at this tupuna. we have been given a line to follow, but we still cannot quite make the connection. This tupuna is said to have moved to the Coromandel area with her tane. We beleive that she is buried up there but do not know in which urupa. I have seen this name being searched for on www.family, from the church LDS site, but cannot connect with the researcher. The search was from 4-5 years ago. Awhinatiamai, koa.

Posted : 04 October, 2005 9:11 am
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora whanau,

I can so relate to what you are saying, what got my eye is the name you have referred to. My nanny is also a missing link, her name is Tapora Hoori, they named her Sophie George, she married an englishman, but her parents Hamahona Hori married Hana Pae Te Awe, we can't find either, the track just seems to go nowhere. If we can work together, we may find something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 3:45 pm
Sophia OWC
(@sophia-owc)

Kia ora korua,

Well that's funny mae nanny's name is Sophie George passed on now though. Lived in Waitangi for the majority of her life. This is my dads mum whanau name Takimoana.

let me know if this name rings a bell.

Hope this helps?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2007 5:38 pm
Pairama Hoori OWC
(@pairama-hoori-owc)

Hey,i have some of the whakapapa you seek.Hana Pae Te Awe who married Hama Hona Hake Hoori(Hori) were my great grand parents.My line comes down through Kawhi Hama Hona Hoori who married Maraea Pairama.The whakapapa i have is pretty accurate back 18 generations starting from Tumutumuwhenua and ending with my grand father Kawhi.I am currently researching the Hoori and Pairama whakapapas and would appreciate any correspondence and similarly will be happy to share information i am holding.Cheer,Ron

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2007 6:28 pm
muri OWC
(@muri-owc)

Kia Ora te whanau !!!! I have been waiting to meet you my cousin !!! I am also a great grandchild of Hamahona Hoori & Hana Te Awe (through their daughter my Nan Tepora). I possess the whakapapa going back through my Great Nan Hana but have not been able to find out the line through Great Grandad. I must meet up with you Couzy.... I must respectfully ask for your assistance in learning this information. I can provide you with all the information regarding the Te Awe whakapapa and history, please contact me my Couz.... my email addy is teuriohau@hotmail.com .... hope to hear from you soon. Hei konei ra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2007 1:49 pm
asti OWC
(@asti-owc)

im quite new to this site and dont really know this works but my name is tepora also my tribe ngapuhi and i think my family was from around kawakawa im very interested to find out more from where im from but have found it a little complicated so if anyone is able to help that would be great thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2007 8:06 am
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Kia ora koutou. Nga mihi ki a koutou, ka whai atu o koutou whakapapa, tatai hoki ki te whanau Hoori/George.
Just to add a bit more into the mix, the Hoori/George whanau are also strong in Waikare - Te Kapotai and Whangaruru - Ngati Wai. There was a kuia, Sophie George who not long ago had her 90th birthday in Whangaruru. I'm sure, e ora tonu ana te kuia morehu nei.
Nga mihi ano ki a koutou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2007 2:17 pm
Share: