Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngatai  

RSS
MaNaWaH1n3
(@manawah1n3)

Kia Ora...

I have been doing a bit of research.
Just wandering if anyone could help me,
with this confusing question.

Is the NGATAI'S Whanau from the EAST COAST, are they the same NGATAI's Whanau from MATAKANA ISLAND??..

If so, i would be very grateful if someone could explained, how they are connected...

If not, im sorry i dont mean too offend anyone!!

Please email me with details
maria_ngatai@hotmail.com

No reira

Posted : 20 February, 2008 11:10 pm
raromania OWC
(@raromania-owc)

Hi Maria

Like yourself, we are trying to fill in the missing pieces with the Ngatai Whanau and their link to us. We are from Gisborne although, my grandfather was born in Harataunga. We are of the belief, that his great grandmother was a Heneri Ngatai who may have been married to my grandfathers namesake, Hoterene Karaka Snr. If you come across anyhting, please let me know as well. Greatly appreciated

cliff
beparker@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2008 12:00 pm
Share: