Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGATUERE, Teone Hoani & NAMANA Whanaupani  

RSS
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am researching my son's whakapapa and have found myself at a standstill. My partner's whanau are from Greytown and because we live in Aussie it is a bit difficult to get around to finding the people who know all the answers. My son's Great Great Grandparents are Teone Hoani Ngatuere and Whanaupani Namana, we would love to know more about his whakapapa on this side as I mostly have been concentrating on my side of late. Anyone who can give me some info on his Great Great Grandparents, and the rest of the whanau, it would be greatly appreciated.
Kia Ora,
Selina

Posted : 26 May, 2005 12:41 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe elijahs_mum,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa club then put in the surname search box at the top right hand corner Namana you will find a few entries, including whanau in the Email directory. The same can be done for the surname Ngatuere. maybe you could contact them directly

At our whakapapa Club there are also other records for these names.

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Namana in the surname, setting the country to New Zealand you will find a few records for this whanau, including some with connections to Greytown. There are also some records there for the Ngatuere Whanau also. NOTE: not all info in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 1:41 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

The descendants of that tupuna Ngatuere are from Hurunui-o-rangi marae out at Gladston - Carterton, Wairarapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2005 12:32 am
m.matenga OWC
(@m-matenga-owc)

Kia ora Selina, Would it be the same Namana whanau in the Wairarapa Masterton and in Mangakino? My grandmother married a Namana and his name was Puke Puke Namana, the youngest brother of Matatara-o-te-rangi Namana from Gladstone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 11:33 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora, not too sure about that...I know they are from Gladston but thats about it...I will ask my son's father again and see what we come up with

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2007 7:43 pm
Share: