Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NUITONE, NEWTON  

RSS
yup OWC
(@yup-owc)

Looking for any whanau from the King Country area

Posted : 21 November, 2005 9:41 pm
Tangiwai OWC
(@tangiwai-owc)

Kia ora my partner is a Newton from Te Keeti Otorahanga King country. I think you might be whanaunga. They use Newton, Nuitone and Ngarotata, so if you would like to get in touch, if you are still there. I notice you last posted 2005

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 July, 2006 4:27 pm
wjn214 OWC
(@wjn214-owc)

Hey sis, hows things up there in Kaitaia! Hope you, Glen and the boys are going good!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 July, 2006 2:30 pm
Animags OWC
(@animags-owc)

Kia Ora Ra,
My mama is a newton (nuitone) ngarotata mai piopio..well born there anyway. But they definately have links to the greater king country. More than happy to pass any koorero that I know.
waihanga_consultancy@xtra.co.nz
kaua e whakama

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2006 11:04 pm
kngarotata OWC
(@kngarotata-owc)

Hi

I'm a Ngarotata but am just wandering if someone can clarity the Nuitone / Newton relationship as I haven't heard of this before within the family & could be why I am possibly not getting very far with my research.

My dad is a Ngarotata from Ongarue and as I understand still has a lot of family in Ongarue / Otorahanga & Taumaraunui.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Kiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 1:57 am
Animags OWC
(@animags-owc)

Teena Kiri
My great-grandfather was Te Wharangi Newton-Ngarotata. Mostly his tamariki will use Newton-Ngarotata, though some have taken either of the names. But all still one whanau. I will have a koorero to my mama and get the clarity you need and holla back at ya. Email me: waihanga_consultancy@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 9:08 am
yup OWC
(@yup-owc)

My Grandfathers name was Tahau Newton from the Otorohanga area.

Edited by - yup on Sep 11 2006 9:43:27 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 9:41 pm
Tuwairua OWC
(@tuwairua-owc)

Kia ora my name is Tuwairua Newton could anyone help me please Im looking for my birth father Mahikai Patukino Newton, also known as Pat he was bought up in the Waikato area any information on his whereabouts or any information of his other whanau would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2007 11:57 am
maorinan OWC
(@maorinan-owc)

Kia Ora Tuwairua,

I havent seen your father for many years Im not even sure hes still alive. Your sister Joanne stayed with me for a few days but this was over 25 years ago. What I can tell you is that you are the Greatgrandson of Teremana Newton and Ameria Materori Mahikai. Your Great-great grandfather Wetini Mahikai was a Ngati Koata Chief he was also of - Ngati Mahanga. If you would like to find your whakapapa go to Poihakena Marae in Raglan and you will see it on the Granite Monument in the Urupa. The Waretini family are also Newtons. The name was never Nutana or any variation of that. Teremana Newton was the anglo maori son of John Clement Newton an Englishman who brought land in Auckland. The suburb of Newton and Newton Road was named after him. I hope this Helps
marlane Ellis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2007 5:40 pm
maorigurl OWC
(@maorigurl-owc)

My whanau's original name was Nutana, but it was changed to Newton, my grandfather got tortured until he changed it to Newton, as the pakeha couldn't announce it. He lived up Northland and then migrated to Waitara, Taranaki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2007 5:22 am
Share: