Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NUKAIAHA, Rawiri, Pakewa & daughter Pairoke  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS
kina_kid OWC
(@kina_kid-owc)

Kiaora Tere,

Can you please email it to me as well?
rebecca.bayly@multiemedia.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 August, 2005 12:23 pm
anaheraangela OWC
(@anaheraangela-owc)

kiaora tere i have whakapapa documenting pakewa as daughter of ngakoro and te hurupoki i beleive their links are to ngati ruanui and nukaiaha to te atiawa i also have documentation about tini pairoke clement pertaining to her land in the waitara block and later her daughter jane clement giving whakapapa which links her to hine tapaki. do you know tini clements husbands name and any sons tini was also known as tini pairoke, tini whakapae and riria tini later tini clement

anahera clement

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 September, 2005 11:09 am
teregilbert OWC
(@teregilbert-owc)

kia ora Anahera
Tini (or Aunt Jane as she was called) husband was William Clements. My Aunty said they had 2 sons one was called Jim or Jimmy. She couldnt remeber the other ones name. Is that Mangati D block at Waitara?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 12:50 am
janice edwards OWC
(@janice-edwards-owc)

Kia ora family,
I have spent a lot of time gathering information about our family and believe there are many interpretations that are possible on the actions of those in the past. From my understanding, Paeroke was likely to have had TB for many of her childbearing years. Her first-born(Wiremu) was whangai to the old people back in Taranaki and she then went on to have a further 7 children. The youngest born was also Wiremu but he died only months old and Paeroke also died at this time. I can find no record or evidence of where she was buried though the urupa at the end of Titoki St in Waikanae, has many Jenkins graves. Pakewa would probably have been a significant part in the lives of her Jenkins mokopuna and did not die until she was over 80 - Wanganui Chronical records her death but again I find no evidence of where she was buried. I would disagree with the comment of Bill Jenkins being greedy, for if he had really only wanted the land, he would have married Paeroke's sister as he was pressured to do. A descendant of the 2nd Jenkins family describes his grandmother, Margaret Carmont as domineering and anyway, wouldn't the children have been wanted and cared for by Pakewa and the hupu? If there was friction between the daughters and their father, Bill Jenkins, why would they, as young adults have worked for him at the hotel in Porirua.
What can anyone tell me about the family of the Wiremu Jenkins who returned to Taranaki? Who is Paora Jenkins? Who are those more recent Jenkins buried in the Waikanae urupa?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 1:26 am
SeraRain OWC
(@serarain-owc)

As i said it is my opinion. Why marry Paerokes sister when he could now marry a white woman and have land, which as far he was concerned he now had rights to the land..and it shows he kept fighting to try and keep it.Why kick out Paerokes daughters?? When the land belongs to the woman..without them there he may have thought it could be his...and as far as them working for him.Being Maori let alone half-caste was not easy back then, so you would get a job where you could.

Edited by - SeraRain on Apr 28 2007 4:09:49 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2007 4:06 pm
Turner OWC
(@turner-owc)

Kia ora, I am interested in this whakapapa - I am descendent of Wiremu Jenkins. Pls contact me on tania_turner@yahoo.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2007 10:45 pm
Miss Daisy OWC
(@miss-daisy-owc)

Am also looking for info on Paeroke aand Wiliam Jenkins. My hapu is Puketapu, Marae is Muru Raupatu, Bell Block, Taranaki. Connection thru grandmother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2007 2:02 am
Thomsong
(@thomsong)

Hi there, just been looking on Google and came across this site. Appears I too am a descendant of Pakewa. My father is a massive history buff and would love to find out as much as he could. 

The line goes 

Pakewa, Pairoke, Erina, Edith, Winifred, noelene (how has just recently passed away) Denis (my father) then me Gregory. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 September, 2018 8:28 am
dwp.wallwork
(@dwp-wallwork)

Mauriora e te whanau!

I have come across this site, as part of my never-ending search to find out who I am. 

I am also a descendant of Rawiri Nukuhaia and Pakewa. 
My lineage goes:

Pakewa, Paeroke (Pairoke?) Isabella Down (Cameron), Joshua (Hohua) Wilfred Down, Mavis Mary Grace Down, William Samuel James Wallwork, and then myself- Daniel.

I am very much interested in connecting to the Atiawa side of my family, and if possible would love to visit Muru Raupatu up in Taranaki. 

I am in possession of a book written by Barney Down, which sheds some light on the initial marriage of Willam Cameron into the Puketapu clan in about 1870 and some stories about the descendants from there including the loss of land at Paekakariki. 

I also have a pretty in-depth family tree document created by my father, based on the tables from the book. 

What I'm really after, though, is a connection to people. The names on the page don't feel like family, so I am desperate to connect to my whanau!

I trust this message finds you all well, safe, and prosperous. 

Nga mihi me aroho nui ki a koutou, 

Dan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2018 10:13 pm
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share: