Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

OMARUMUTU, OPAPE - WHAKATOHEA  

RSS
shelb69_gtown OWC
(@shelb69_gtown-owc)

Kia ora koutou

Ki te taha o toku matua
Ko Mataatua toku waka
Ko Makeo toku maunga
Ko waiaua toku awa
Ko Ngatirua toku hapu
Ko Whakatohea toku iwi
Ko Tutāmore toku wharenui
Ko Hine Kauiu te wharekai
Ko Omarumutu toku whare Maumahara noa
Tihei Mauri Ora!

I am looking for any whakapapa on Omarumutu me Opape marae (history), please help me. I would also like any information on my pepeha and/or any contact details of those that know of people who maybe able to help me with my research.

Tena koutou, Tena koutou, Kia ora tatou Katoa.

Posted : 17 May, 2006 5:31 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia ora
Tenei te Pepeha mo nga Whanau o Opape
Ko Mataatua te Waka
Ko Tarakeha te Maunga
Ko Opepe te Awa
Ko Opape te Marae
Ko Muriwai te Wharetipuna
Ko Tapairu te Wharekai
Ko Ngai Tamahaua te Hapu
Ko Whakatohea te Iwi

My Connections to Opape are through our Mother who is from Kohi and Keita Ranapia
This Pepeha was given by our Kuia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 9:23 am
Mardee OWC
(@mardee-owc)

Kia ora

Ko Nukutere te waka
Ko Makeo te maunga
Ko Waiaua te awa
Ko Whakatohea te iwi
Ko Ngatirua te hapu
Ko Omarumutu te marae
Ko Tutamure te wharetipuna
Ko Hine-i-Kauia te wharekai

This is where my father comes from. His name is Arorangi Papuni and his parents were Te Papuni & Te Aira Rangi (aka Bob & Ida Papuni). Te Papuni also had links back to Opape. How are you connected to this marae?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2006 3:22 pm
Shadz OWC
(@shadz-owc)

You can find some info and members of Omaramutu marae by going to www.oldfriends.co.nz and search for the marae name.

I am also from that marae my grandmothers name was Riria Arapera Karapu who was a niece of Heremia Hoera.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2007 7:39 pm
tehaate OWC
(@tehaate-owc)

ko Makeo te Maunga
ko opepe te awa
ko Opape te marae
ko Naitama haua te hapu
ko Whakatohea te iwi
ko Mataaatua te waka
Ko Patti taku ingoa
Kaye kaye is my daughter My Great grand parents were Kohi and Keita (nee Rewita) Ranapia, My grand parents were Te Ao (Daughter of Kohi and Keita) and Joseph Heta and my mother (who resides at Opape on the hill)is waiamahau Brown who was married to my father Henare Titoko, now married to Dennis Brown from Nelson, he passed away in 2003, Kia Ora Patti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2007 8:32 pm
Share: