Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAHAU, Wi Hape  

RSS
my_whanau OWC
(@my_whanau-owc)

Kia ora

Trying to find any information (siblings, parents, grandparents, etc) on my great-grandfather Wi Hape Pahau who was married to Ngawaierua Hera Pahau (nee Hautapu). My father is the only living issue from their son Hemi Pahau and Hera Mahue Pohatu. Have also seen his name as Wi Hape Pahau Murua or Wi Pahau Takarua (land papers).

Edited by - my_whanau on Nov 10 2004 3:08:53 PM

Posted : 02 November, 2004 2:21 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora my_whanau ,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org and do a search for Pahau (and set the country as NZ) then you will find records for Hemi Pahau as well as his parents and there are other people there as well who tie in. I also have to warn you though that not all information in this site is accurate - my father and his siblings are listed there twice, but in one set of records they are born in 1900's and in another set of records they are born in the 1800's - but the same day and month just a different century! So use this information as a starting point.

You will also know other names that you can search for.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2004 4:31 am
my_whanau OWC
(@my_whanau-owc)

Kia ora poutokomanawa

My parents are mormons and the information about my grandfather was submitted by them.

Went to Wellington Central Library and checked out the Maori Electoral Rolls and found out that my great grandfather was on the Eastern Maori Roll in 1908 and 1919. He lived at Tokomaru Bay - his hapu Te Whanau a Te Ao and Te Whanau A Ruataupare and that he was registered as Pahau Wi not Wi Pahau. So the search goes on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2004 11:02 am
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

There is still a whanau of Takarua's in Tokomaru area, Anaru Takarua who passed away sometime in the last couple of years, but his whanau are still in the area, maybe if you look in the white pages for that area you may find someone that could help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2005 9:26 pm
my_whanau OWC
(@my_whanau-owc)

Kia ora Mistee

Thanks for the information. Something else to put in the check list.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 11:13 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano my_whanau,

If you make sure you are at the Whakapapa Club and click on Full Search and search for Pahau, you may be able to get a bit more info from the resords there

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2005 1:16 am
NAX OWC
(@nax-owc)

Tena koe e te whanaunga,
I am a uri of Hare Hautapu and Te Ringatu Wharehingahinga they gave birth to Ngawaierua whom gave birth to Materoa Hautapu-Pahau who married Hori Haere of Tolaga Bay (Uawa)they had Grace Hughen Gray (nee-Haere)whom married Hunia Gray and had my mother Materoa Gray whom married David King and then there's me Davinia good luck in your search

Kia ora

Trying to find any information (siblings, parents, grandparents, etc) on my great-grandfather Wi Hape Pahau who was married to Ngawaierua Hera Pahau (nee Hautapu). My father is the only living issue from their son Hemi Pahau and Hera Mahue Pohatu. Have also seen his name as Wi Hape Pahau Murua or Wi Pahau Takarua (land papers).

Edited by - my_whanau on Nov 10 2004 3:08:53 PM
[/quote]Text

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 January, 2006 11:14 pm
huihana OWC
(@huihana-owc)

Kia ora korua
Contact Tate Pewhairangi in Tokomaru Bay he is listed in w/pages Ruatoria directory.He will be able to help.There are still Takarua/Hautapu
whanau in Toko

huihana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2006 11:40 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

I'm been searching for her whakapapa year,
Pretty close ties but somehow it's seems to puzzled me alot. Close ties to te moananui, pewhairangi, ngarimu, waitoa, harawira, karu or keepa/kepa.
I don't know where the hang to start from???

The information about this history seems to be married to one another, close whanau?

Grandmother was living in thames area, her name most people called her nanny emily te moananui?

any one know matero or materoa kepa/keepa?????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 January, 2006 1:29 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Kiaora!!(bit late coming lol)But anyway my Great grandmother was Ngawaierua Hautapu-Pahau...( my aunty who was of the eldest mokos has told me it has been pronounced wrong(should be Ngawairua)1 of her daughters is my nanny Turingatu Pahau...I have an auntie living in Tokomaru Bay (if ur still looking for info on the family)that could help u out...Her names Anamarea Hautapu-Winship...The eldest descendant living that i know off is my Auntie Mairehau she lives in Wainuiomata L/Hutt...so if that helps go hard......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 12:20 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Kiaora again...I should give my nannies full name...Te Oriwia Te Ringatu Pahau (nickname was TuTu) and she married my grandfather Tuangahuru Samuels/Whakatete(or commonly known as Tats or Tatu...They had like 5 kids my mum was the baby Heneti Marua Kaiwaraki Samuels (everyone knew her as Janet)..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 12:36 pm
margrette
(@margrette)

Kiora whanaunga /Mokopuna
KIA ORA koe Davinia you are correct so your dad must be Wairakau (Raki) and your mum Iris if so your dad is one of the best for whaikorero and whakapapa if is not sure of his Pahau and Hautapu side then i will assist
hei kona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2008 5:23 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Kiaora Marge!!!I hope it was me u were talking to...Raki and Iris are my auntie and uncle...my mum was 1 of uncle Rakis many 1st cousins,My mum was 1 of the youngest in the that generation...You might have known my mums bro Noel Samuels he and uncle Raki were always together..(usually on the Paipai @tangis and alot of Hui).....and seldom do i see my uncle (unless its a Tangi)so here i am

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2008 7:17 pm
Share: