Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAHI, Tuarea (Ngati Rangimahora)  

RSS
Munch OWC
(@munch-owc)

I would love to know more about my tupuna Tuarea Pahi. I've always been drawn to his photo & when I questioned my whanau about him, they didn't know anything. He's a very dignified looking man with penetrating eyes that my cousins say follow you around the room.

I was recently given some names that my aunty says were his children. Their names are Whakaara, Waretini, Raukura (my nanny), Huia & Momo (whom she says was adopted). She also seems to think that his wife's name was Kohakore Mahara & that they have links to Kahotea marae.

I would greatly appreciate any information about any of the names listed above as I want to pass it onto my whanau, especially nanny Raukura's 2 surviving children so that they'll never forget our links to the past.

Kia Ora Koutou:)

Posted : 20 July, 2007 10:48 pm
twilight OWC
(@twilight-owc)

i am wondering if you may be able to help me i am trying to trace my greatgrandmother and the only thing i know about her is her surnamr and that she married a englishman by the sir name of ham and they settled in korohe(turangi)i may be barking up the wrong tree but nothing ventured is nothing gained cheers m ham

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2007 10:26 pm
Munch OWC
(@munch-owc)

Kia ora
Are you able to elaborate more on your enquiry as I can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.

Is your great grandmother related to the Pahi or Mahara whanau or does she have a connection to Kahotea marae or Ngati Rangimahora?

I hope someone out there can help the both of us!
Heoi ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2007 8:45 pm
Taumaha
(@taumaha)

I have some records on Tuarea Pahi that may be of interest to you. Please contact me and I will scan my documents and send them to you for your evaluation -- I think this information is what you are looking for. Kia ora, na Taumaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2007 1:17 pm
misspahi
(@misspahi)

Kiaora Munch, my name is Ria Pahi from Tuarea's line also. My Great Grandfather is Huia your nanny Raukura's brother hehe... I've sent numerous emails to you, well me and my mum. Please get back to us there is alot more for you to know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2008 10:36 am
Munch OWC
(@munch-owc)

Hey Ria, I got your email but I don't know if you got mine. Holla back when you can 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2008 5:19 pm
Share: