Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAIKEA  

RSS
fionapaikea OWC
(@fionapaikea-owc)

Kia ora can any please please help me.... I am wanting to know about Paikea. I would like any and I mean any information about the legend etc. I have been told so many different things. Also I know the Paikea whanau are from Whangara and was trying to find a connection to the Paikea whanau from Otamatea, which is where I am from. Where does my last name come from?? Please help. I am a beginner on a journey to finding out my whakapapa. I have been brought up by my mother away from the Paikea family and my mother is not maori so it has not been easy.

Posted : 26 January, 2007 8:42 pm
Tane_nz OWC
(@tane_nz-owc)

Paraire Karaka Paikea, Born 1 june 1894 Otamatea,kaipara
Died 6 April 1943 Wanganui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2007 9:31 am
tikitwice OWC
(@tikitwice-owc)

try doing a Google search on the name "Paikea" that might help...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2007 12:58 pm
mumsy OWC
(@mumsy-owc)

Paikea (Kahutia Te Rangi) son of Uenuku half bro to Ruatapu... also uenuku whanau from Tikitiki not far from Whangara may also be of interest to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 December, 2007 9:21 am
enoka07 OWC
(@enoka07-owc)

Anyone got any Whakapapa for the Mackey's form Whangara?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2008 11:08 am
Share: