Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAKAI, Ratima Erina  

RSS
Tracey Pakai OWC
(@tracey-pakai-owc)

I am looking for any information on my g,g granfather He lived in Te Hauke, near Hastings in fact any information about the marae in Te Hauke would be grateful.Any information on the Pakai family from Te Hauke would be good. My fathers name is Ratima Erina Pakai as well Better known as Chas Pakai. Maybe someone will remember my grandfather who I never met, he lived next to the Uru pa. He is buried on the left when you go in the gate on top of my great great grandfather. Seeking information on who I am! My father has never past this on to us.

Edited by - Tracey Pakai on May 04 2005 2:26:10 PM

Posted : 26 April, 2005 1:41 pm
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

Kia Ora Tracey,

I was wondering if you meant Te Hauke, which is just out of Hastings, along the main highway. If so, you can find some korero about Kahuranaki, Te Hauke in google.

Ma te wa.

Edited by - Mistee on Apr 26 2005 10:47:46 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2005 10:46 pm
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

Kia Ora ano,'

This may help, but the name Wini Ratima Pakai is mentioned, may be some connection to you...heres the sight http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/NEW-ZEALAND/2003-05/1052378121

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2005 10:53 pm
takitimu108
(@takitimu108)

Tracey,
We are cousins, my dad was a Pakai, he was adopted out. I sent you an email to get in touch with me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 8:35 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

hi im ivena, my grand mother is Hauri Ratima Pakai from Te Hauke so we must be related some where along the line ill put my whakapap down for you

Eria Te Waerenga - Maria
Manuera Te Waerenga - Peata
Hiromina Waiwinika Te Waerenga - Toko Ratima Pakai
Toko Pakai - Maryanne Timmo
Hauri Ratima Pakai - Lester Smith
Lester Smith - Patricia Emia

if you wana know anything else let me know

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2005 10:56 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

tracey
i sent my whakapapa to you on the whakapapa web page my name is ivena smith my nan is hauri ratima pakai. when you see it let me know if want to know any thing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2005 11:07 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Was this Ratima (Eria) Pakai md to Pahemata Hirini?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 10:43 pm
mz_1986 OWC
(@mz_1986-owc)

KIA ORA
JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY OTHER RATIMAS OR PAKAIS IN AUS..I KNOW A ADELAIDE RATIMA WHO IS MI KUZZI AND UNCLE LUIS WHO BOTH R HERE IN OZ BUT AM SURE THERE IS ALOT MORE OF US OUT THERE..HITTUS BACK CUZZIS WEAEVA YOUS R..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2006 10:59 pm
ria OWC
(@ria-owc)

kia ora

my grandmother was Nellie Pahemata Thompson, formally Pakai is from Te Hauke also. My great great grandfather is Toko Ratima Pakai and he was married to my great great grandmother Mary Ann Timmo.

maria

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 6:50 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

Hi Maria

Just so u know we are rellys, pahemata is my nannys younger sister, my dad knows her too. Just wondering if you had much whakapapa on the whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 7:06 pm
ria OWC
(@ria-owc)

kiaora

awesome 2 no i got another relly! wats ur nannys name? i no a fair amount about the whakapapa, but not so much in detail. i am trying to find out about my marae, Putahi (first one in Frasertown). If anyone knows a bit about the wharenui Hinepehinga, i would be interested to find out more.

Tena koe smith, keep in touch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2006 11:17 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

my nannys name is Hauri Pakai, married to lester smith. I dont really know the wairoa area as i grew up in hastings but good luck to you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 12:39 am
zoe_zoenz OWC
(@zoe_zoenz-owc)

Looking for the Whakapapa of Toko Ratima Pakai and up for my son who is the great grandson(Jack). His Great grandmother Ethal Grantham aka Timmo are both buried at Park Island Cemetery..
Zoe

Edited by - zoe_zoenz on May 29 2006 2:46:16 PM

Edited by - zoe_zoenz on May 29 2006 2:53:22 PM

Edited by - zoe_zoenz on May 29 2006 2:56:24 PM

Edited by - zoe_zoenz on May 29 2006 3:00:45 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2006 2:42 pm
Share: