Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAKI, Wetere: 1857-30 Dec 1927  

RSS
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Wetere is my great great grandfather. I am at a cross road with information I have gathered from various sources of information that seem to indicate that he may have had two wives, or there may have been 2 or even more men named Wetere PAKI around the dates as indicated above. The information that I have are as follows:

Wetere PAKI who married PINIKERA of Taranaki who had the following children: (as per records held by the LDS Church)
1. Pare WETERE
2. Te Awa TE PAKI - died at the age of 23
3. Te Ngohi WETERE
4. Rangi Tahuna WETERE - died at the age of 31
5. Awarua TE PAKI - died at the age of 21
6. Maki TE PAKI - died at the age of 7
7. Kawa WETERE - died at the age of 15
8. Te Rewiti Mau Tokotoko WETERE - died at the age of 12

all the above children were born between 1879 and 1894 which would have made Wetere 22 at the birth of Pare and 37 at the birth of his last child to Pinikera which would still give him time to have another family i think.

Now the other information I have were gathered from Maori Land Court Records and from Whanau.

Wetere PAKI married Rangitaumoana who had the following children:
1. Te Ngohi Pat PAKI
2. Keeti PAKI
3. Awetoroa PAKI
4. Te Waru Bob PAKI
5. Tiini Wetere PAKI

Some of Wetere's issue from this marriage took his first name as their surname. Tiini is my tupuna and she married Kene PUTERE and one of their grandchildren have the name Rangitamoana.

Is he one in the same person? Also both sources of information provide his parent as Te Hira and Ani. Would it be fair to record as part of my whakapapa that he had two families. I dont have any dates for his 2nd family all i know is that it would make him 37+ when he started another family.

Te Hira & Anis other children are Kerei, Kahurimu, Hemoaka or Hera and Wetere as mentioned above. Just needing somewhere to start.

Posted : 08 October, 2006 5:09 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Cousin,
Yup Pereniki and Rangitamoana are rite tonu and Wetere is Te hira and Ani's and is moko of Wetere Te Paki 1st hu is Rangatira o Ngati Ngau Ngau Waikato.
Te hira had an Older Brother who is the Tipuna of our Kiingi, the Awa, Te Paki, Sam, Poto Wetere and Tukiri Whanau of Rakaumangamanga and Huntly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 1:03 pm
Share: