Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAPERA, Kino: Born 1860s, Died 1919  

RSS
Tarnz1321 OWC
(@tarnz1321-owc)

Kia Ora,

I am researching my whakapapa on behalf of my grandfather who is terminally ill and is unable to continue his research. From my younger brother back to Papera; the tupuna I am looking for, we trace seven generations in a direct male line.

I am after any information regarding Kino Papera and his father PAPERA. Kino was born in about the 1860s in Merapana or Merepana (Which we believe to be around the Clevedon/Maraetai Area?) and married Aherata or Abernta Maka.

Kino's father PAPERA married Igarara or Ngarara or Ingarara (all alternate spellings) My GGrandfather believed that Papera or his father may have travelled from the island of Mangaiia (Cook Islands) to New Zealand in the early 1800s, however, we have picked up on the names Papera and Kino as early as the 1600s here in New Zealand. We have since discovered many branches of the Papera/Kino Papera Whanau, even in the Islands but still have a 250-300 year gap that needs to be filled! As names seem to be fairly repititious in the same Whanau I have listed a few that may ring a bell to someone who can help in some way - or maybe even I may have some info someone else is looking for.

Heta Taungatatere or Tangatatere
Hemi Koinake
Aherata Sally
Miriama Tiria
Taupe Enoka
Hepata
Ka Marapaua or Ka Marapana or Ke Marapana

If anyone has any information regarding KINO or PAPERA or recognize any of the above names, I appreciate any help you can give me.

Mauri Ora,
Tania

Edited by - Tarnz1321 on Dec 10 2005 11:14:18 AM

Posted : 10 December, 2005 11:11 am
Share: