Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Paratene TE moe TAHUNA  

RSS
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

mauri ora e nga whanau o te motu nei. e rapu ana au mo nga hononga ki tenei tupuna. Timata toku hekenga mai Paratene Te Moetahuna tana ko Te Pere Paratene tana ko Hone Te Pere Paratene tana ko Huru Hone te Pere Paratene tana ko Pirihia Paratene (Cilla) tana ko au ko Kiritopa Langley ahau. Mena e taea e tetahi te awhina moku, panuitia mai. E noho au ki Tauranga no reira tetahi o nga korero, i ahu mai a Paratene Te Moetahuna no konei? kare i a au te matauranga i runga i tenei otira e rapu ana au mo te whakanuinga o tenei korero hei kinakihia te hiahia o toku nei.

Edited by - Kiritopa on May 12 2007 9:57:54 PM

Posted : 12 May, 2007 9:53 pm
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

sorry i feel that not manywill no how to speak maori so i am writng this in english so all will no. i am a descendant of Paratene Te moetahuna and am looking for anyone to give me help in putting this together

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 11:22 pm
noved2 OWC
(@noved2-owc)

Kiaora Kiritopa,

Don't be sorry e hoa, its very interesting to see the information that pops up here from time to time. I would be interested to know who the two women were that he followed north. Discussion on our Tupuna has been here before. If you look back at the old postings you will find information there. I have sent you an email, or you can contact your Uncle John Lee at johnparatene949@hotmail.com.

noho ora mai ehoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2007 8:32 am
Mauri OWC
(@mauri-owc)

quote:

sorry i feel that not manywill no how to speak maori so i am writng this in english so all will no. i am a descendant of Paratene Te moetahuna and am looking for anyone to give me help in putting this together

Kia Ora e te whanaunga

Paratene - Hicks Bay, Ngati Porou, mother is Moetahuna of Te Kaha, Whanau Apanui, hence is why you refer to him a Paratene Moetahuna,
Paratene Moetahuna married Erana Tamatiho
Erana Tamatiho, Ngati Torehina, Ngapuhi is the daughter of Tamatiho [ Ngaiterangi] and Te Paea [Ngati Torehina, Ngapuhi]
Erana Tamatiho and Paratene Moetahuna begat, Te Pere Paratene. Te Pere Paratene and Hohi Taiapo begat, Paratene Pere Paratene. Paratene Pere Paratene and Maata Puhipi Paora begat Te Enutai and Te Enutai is my mother.

Na Mauri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2007 11:19 pm
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

quote:

[quote]

Kia Ora e te whanaunga

Paratene - Hicks Bay, Ngati Porou, mother is Moetahuna of Te Kaha, Whanau Apanui, hence is why you refer to him a Paratene Moetahuna,
Erana Tamatiho, Ngati Torehina, Ngapuhi is the daughter of Tamatiho [ Ngaiterangi] and Te Paea [Ngati Torehina, Ngapuhi]
Erana Tamatiho and Paratene Moetahuna begat, Te Pere Paratene. Te Pere Paratene and Hohi Taiapo begat, Paratene Pere Paratene. Paratene Pere Paratene and Maata Puhipi Paora begat Te Enutai and Te Enutai is my mother.

Na Mauri

mauri ora ki a koe e hoa. that is so awesome what you have written about my tupuna. do you have the whakapapa of te moetahuna? that would be so awesome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2007 9:12 pm
JohnParatene OWC
(@johnparatene-owc)

Kiaora Mauri,my name is John Lee Wharepapa Pere Paratene, eldest son of Wharepapa Hone and Hera Hokimate (Piripi)Paratene, eldest son of Hone Te Pere and Marara TeRahingahinga (Piripi)Paratene,eldest son of Te Pere and Te Hohi (Taiapo) Paratene. Acording to the whakapapa i recieved from my father Wharepapa, moe tahuna was not great grandfather Paratene's surname but to indicate where he was buried in the mudflats. My dad was brought up from a baby by great grandfather Te Pere at Waikare till he was 10yrs old, then he went home to Oakura, Whangaruru, when Grandfather Hone got sick, to look after the family farm. I would like to get together with you or your mother to discuss what you have posted here if possible. PLease contact me.. johnparatene949@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 June, 2007 2:16 am
Mauri OWC
(@mauri-owc)

quote:

Kiaora Mauri,my name is John Lee Wharepapa Pere Paratene, eldest son of Wharepapa Hone and Hera Hokimate (Piripi)Paratene, eldest son of Hone Te Pere and Marara TeRahingahinga (Piripi)Paratene,eldest son of Te Pere and Te Hohi (Taiapo) Paratene. Acording to the whakapapa i recieved from my father Wharepapa, moe tahuna was not great grandfather Paratene's surname but to indicate where he was buried in the mudflats. My dad was brought up from a baby by great grandfather Te Pere at Waikare till he was 10yrs old, then he went home to Oakura, Whangaruru, when Grandfather Hone got sick, to look after the family farm. I would like to get together with you or your mother to discuss what you have posted here if possible. PLease contact me.. johnparatene949@hotmail.com

Kia Ora John

The Paratene that I make reference of did not have a surname at that time, nor did Moetahuna, as tupuna of that era did not have surnames, so to speak. I am aware however, that Moetahuna [Whanau Apanui] is the mother of Paratene who with Erana begat Te Pere, my great grandfather.

Mauri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2007 2:15 pm
Mauri OWC
(@mauri-owc)

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Kia Ora e te whanaunga

Na Mauri

mauri ora ki a koe e hoa. that is so awesome what you have written about my tupuna. do you have the whakapapa of te moetahuna? that would be so awesome.

Kia Ora e te Whanaunga

I will complete a Whakapapa CD within the next two months and we are planning to have a reunion Christmas 2008. It is anticipated that the CD's will be made available to all who attend the reunion. Uri of Moetahuna who reside in Tauranga will also attend. The reunion details will be posted online in the near future and will be held at Matauri Bay.

Na Mauri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2007 2:31 pm
lillyorr@hotmail.com OWC
(@lillyorrhotmail-com-owc)

Tena Koutou Katoa e te whanau - I too am a mokopuna of Te Pere Paratene, my dad Huru Paratene is the younger brother of Wharepapa Paratene, John Lees' father. I remember the korero John lee is speaking of and I am so glad that the subject has come up again. I can't wait to see more discussion on this as I would like to know more about Paratene Moetahuna. Can you answer a question please, how old was he at his demise, the info I have puts him as a young man in his twenties. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Kiaora - Lilly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2007 11:18 pm
Mauri OWC
(@mauri-owc)

quote:

Tena Koutou Katoa e te whanau - I too am a mokopuna of Te Pere Paratene, my dad Huru Paratene is the younger brother of Wharepapa Paratene, John Lees' father. I remember the korero John lee is speaking of and I am so glad that the subject has come up again. I can't wait to see more discussion on this as I would like to know more about Paratene Moetahuna. Can you answer a question please, how old was he at his demise, the info I have puts him as a young man in his twenties. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Kiaora - Lilly

Tena Koe e te whanaunga e Lilly

I doubt if anyone will be able to accurately answer your question, but I doubt if he was a young person when he passed on. I am aware of your dad as he is fondly remembered for his singing.

Na Mauri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2007 9:13 am
lillyorr@hotmail.com OWC
(@lillyorrhotmail-com-owc)

Tena Koe Na Mauri,
thank you for answering my question about Moetahuna. I do hope we haven't lost him. I will leave that space blank for now and work on other parts of the whakapapa. Can't wait too see/hear more about the reunion and your CD. I appreciate what you said about Dad and thank you for remembering him.
Ka kite ano - Lilly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2007 8:31 pm
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

quote:

Tena Koe Na Mauri,
thank you for answering my question about Moetahuna. I do hope we haven't lost him. I will leave that space blank for now and work on other parts of the whakapapa. Can't wait too see/hear more about the reunion and your CD. I appreciate what you said about Dad and thank you for remembering him.
Ka kite ano - Lilly

Mauri ora aunty ko tenei to iramutu Kiritopa Langley.
ko te panui nei i hangaia e au mo toku tumanako hei whakanuia ai te whakapapa to te whanau Paratene. It is so good to see you are still actively pursuing our whakapapa concerning this tupuna. i posted this sight in order to spark conversation about our tupuna as there has always been much interest in whom he was? I do know however that that uncle waipu paratene had his whakapapa and i have seen it. i don't have too much information on this tupuna but am very interested to learn more about him.
Mauri ora Aunty, my love to you and uncle joe....plus my cuzziez too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2007 7:08 pm
Share: