Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PARATINI-HINGA-POPATA Mei  

RSS
jklm OWC
(@jklm-owc)

Hi just wondering if there is anyone who knows any details of the above lady, she is my nana but we do not have any details on her. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted : 22 June, 2005 8:04 pm
hinga OWC
(@hinga-owc)

quote:

Hi just wondering if there is anyone who knows any details of the above lady, she is my nana but we do not have any details on her. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I'm sure I can help you with your search for info regarding your nana. Aunty Mei was my fathers sister. Her husband was Bill Popata.
I remember her when I was a little girl.
Get in touch with me I will give you more info

Gwen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2006 7:50 pm
hinga OWC
(@hinga-owc)

my e-mail is greenhams@paradise.net.nz.
I also remember your dad.

gwen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2006 8:34 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Hello jklm & Hinga (Gwen)

There is a post in 2006 asking similar info. I am going through the 30 pages of Tupuna search (lazy Sunday).

Gwen do you have any info on Roka nee Hinga and Heteraka Henare from Waimononi?

te roopu hinga whanau

Australia
1 Posts Posted - Apr 24 2006 : 02:29:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kia ora e te whanau o nga hau e wha. I am very interested in getting any information about the Hinga whanau from the Ngatakoto hapu. In particular information that connects one person to the next. I have whanau who have pieces of the whakapapa puzzle but I would appreciate any assistance via this forum. My grandfather was Whereri Paratene Hinga.

ngati_kuri@hotmail.com

72 Posts Posted - May 28 2006 : 1:08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mother's grandmother (my gt gran) is Roka Hinga sister of Paratens Hinga Your aunt Sarah Rankin (nee Hinga) was 89 in Feb 06 and still lives in Mangere. I would also bee interested in being part of adding to the Hinga whakapapa. There are two family lines up north for Hinga and Hone Hinga which is the line I think we are from.

My fear is not of learning...
but of not learning. May we all take the time to sit at the feet of our wise ones with an open heart and a listening ear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2006 1:40 pm
Share: