Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PARINGATAI, Hikhiki. Whanau research  

RSS
manaia
(@manaia)

Kia-ora I'm trying to trace my grandmothers roots. I don't have a lot of information but what I do have will hopefully put me in the right direction etc. She was born as Hikihiki Akanihi Paringatai and as far as I know she only had one full brother. I do not know his birth name and only met him twice before he passed away. His name was Stone Paringatai. She also had lot's of half siblings and although I don't know any of their names I do know that their last name was Wanoa. My nan's whanau is from the Te araroa area and I think she has a cousin still living up there called Jape We also has whanau on Matakana Island( my grandfather's side). She married my koro Joseph Biddle Smith and had the following children with him; my dad Johnathan(Bub), Joseph(Fish), Claude(Scum), Rose, Steph, Nigel(nig), James(Bull)they all live in Matawai these days Unfortunately my nan passed away a couple of years back and I never got the chance to ask her about her parents, brothers and sisters etc.
Any info on the Paringatai/Wanoa whanau from Te-Araroa would be much appreciated.

Posted : 08 May, 2006 4:46 pm
Ngatikool OWC
(@ngatikool-owc)

Kia ora e hoa!
I do know the name Paringatai as it is an unusual Name. But you can find a Keith Paringatai in Hastings. Try PakiPaki school as that is the last place i know he was at. But when school starts is the time to get him.
Hei kona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2006 6:59 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

The Wanoa Whanau are holding a Reunion up the Coast over the next week. My work colleague is married to Damien Wanoa and they are going to meet their relations. Perhaps you can contact your rellie in Te Araroa to find out more

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 December, 2006 9:01 am
Waiotu OWC
(@waiotu-owc)

Kia ora Manaia!
Uncle Rawiri Wanoa is the person you need to contact Ph 06 8644592.
Hope you find what you seek girl, Ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2008 5:25 pm
Share: