Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PERI, Anataia Peri: nee PUKEROA  

RSS
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Trying to find some info or even better,a photo of Anataia Peri nee:Pukeroa, she is from Ahipara (northland). She married Peri Te Hu in the early 1800's and they settled in Pawarenga. They had a son who was named Tamaho-Peri and he married Kataraina Pomare, Tamaho & Kataraina had a son and his name was Wiremu (Sonny) Tamaho-Peri and he married Karera (Clara) Matiu, they also settled in Pawarenga.
If anyone out there has any information about this lady, please don't be shy, even if it is a birth date, anything will help. My partners aunty (Edith) has been trying to find a photo of her for some time now and I want to help her. Thank you.

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 9:56:53 PM

Posted : 18 February, 2005 11:25 am
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena Koe Lil

Tena Koe Tiaa

As a starting point - Check out the below site.

http://www.familysearch.org

There is a little information on the d.o.b and d.o.d -

When you search for a tupuna who only has one name, put that name in the surname box as that is how you find tupuna with one name only.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2005 8:11 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Lil,

Another option would be to contact the Te Rarawa Runanga as they have a whakapapa section and may be able to help you. You can find their link in the links section here at maori.org.nz under Tai Tokerau.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 2:15 am
ladi4 OWC
(@ladi4-owc)

Tena koe Lil,
Just a quick note, I think Daddy's mother's name is Kararaina, not Kataraina (i'm named after her) oh and I think Peri's last name is Te Huhu, from what i've been told, that is. Good luck with trying to track a photo, would be nice to see one.
Also do you have any information about Anataia's husband? Who is his father?

Arohanui,
S Peri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2005 8:24 am
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena koe,the other options are try Ossie,or Arthur Peri who both reside in Kaitaia.Malcolm Peri who resides in Pawarenga.Chrissie Jacobs who resides in Henderson or Pa Henare Tate who resides at Hato Petera College.Northcote.Even better return back to the source.Pawarenga.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2005 10:50 am
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Kia ora witewhiu and ladi4
No I don't know any info on Peri Te huhu's father but I will ask anuty Edith (thats her ggrandfather).
As for going back to the source, aunty edith has there homestead in Pawarenga in Okakewai, so she knows all that info, she was wandering if anyone out there has a photo of Anataia but I will tell her to ask Uncle Malcolm (he comes of Peri Te huhu brothers line)and I will also give the other names as well.
Thankyou for the help I will send it all on to aunty edith.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 July, 2005 9:21 am
nperry OWC
(@nperry-owc)

kia ora l puru my name is bill perry
please reply

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2007 8:40 pm
nperry OWC
(@nperry-owc)

kia ora lil, horekau ahau e mohio ana kiakoe engari mena e hiahia akoe ki te whakapapa, meanei.
Ko Tarutaru te tangata.I Hekeiho iaia ko Kahi. I moe a Kahi ia Kaimanu. Ta raua ko Te Huhu. ta TeHuhu ko Ka-peri-ere, i moe ia Anataia.
But WAIT THERE'S MORE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2007 11:33 pm
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

I am searching for family of Maria Elizabeth Tate and Grace Reta Tate, any connection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 11:01 pm
hunia.pawarenga
(@hunia-pawarenga)

Kia ora,

There is a photo of Anataia on the Pawarenga te uri o Tai FB page. Her husband was Peri te huhu. His father was te huhu, of the last generation of fighting chiefs . Anataia and Peri had several children. I descend from their daughter Kehu who married Wiremu Hunia. Contact me if you want that photo. Whaealis@gmail.con

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2018 10:58 am
Share: