Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PERRY, Maraea and Mere: Mother Haumu, Father Robert. Marr John BRYERS & Hemi? TAUTARI  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Teenaa koutou katoa. I'm trying to trace the lines of Maraea PERRY (married to John Bryers) my tupuna, and her sister Mere PERRY (married to Hemi? TAUTARI). They lived in the Tai Tokerau. Their parents were Robert PERRY and Haumu. We understand that Haumu came from the Northern Hokianga but would like to confirm this.

Posted : 10 August, 2005 3:43 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora jabwtworkpty,
I am not sure if this will be helpful, but while enquiring about my own tipuna 'Mereana Parihi' I was given a post about a possible NEHUA-BRYERS connection, and the one to see about that was Sonny Tau from the Te Runanga A Iwi O Ngapuhi.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2005 2:21 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Ano,
As far as I know Sonny Tau is the big kahuna for TRAION, if you visit the Ngapuhi website they may have contact details for him, I hope that is helpful. Kia ora.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2005 1:56 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Kia Ora Jax
We have a Mere Parihi who married George Hori Paraea or Bryers and they had a son called Eru Nehua Bryers from Hokianga, Northland. Contact me if you think they are the one and the same.
Jenny Bryers Reneti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 4:49 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Maraea Perry Born 1844 at Mahia Died 13 April 1913 Father Philobeebe Perry, Mother Haumu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 5:07 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Teenaa Koe Kina
Is there somewhere we can find out Haumu's line. We have some names but no idea if they are male or female and cannot source where our information came from. Would be great to find a link to MLC Minute Books for example or other researchers.
We believe that Philobeebe Perry came via USA but cannot confirm either way, nor do we know from where he came. Any help?
Jenny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 5:20 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

TE Haumu name is from Wairoa Dargaville,Ihave had no luck with Philobeebe . Try www.surnamenavigator.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 6:31 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe jabwtworkpty,

You can get a copy of these following Historical Minute Book References, if you haven't already done so from your local Maori Land Court Office: Minute Book 19 Hokianga folio 353 to 356 [4 pages]
This will give you a whakapapa from Rangihana down to Ka Kohu, and her and her husband, Joseph Bryers uri [descendants], with most of their marriages.

I hope this helps.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 1:11 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Thanks Hohaia
I'm sure this will be extremely helpful. We have a lot of MLC Minutes but have not got this lot. Thank you for your help
Jenny

quote:

Tena koe jabwtworkpty,

You can get a copy of these following Historical Minute Book References, if you haven't already done so from your local Maori Land Court Office: Minute Book 19 Hokianga folio 353 to 356 [4 pages]
This will give you a whakapapa from Rangihana down to Ka Kohu, and her and her husband, Joseph Bryers uri [descendants], with most of their marriages.

I hope this helps.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 7:31 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora,
that surname link is really cool!!

Bye, Jax

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 4:41 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano e Jenny,

Just a follow-up on your original query of this posting...

Northern Minute Book 38 / page 60 & Northern Minute Book 46 / page 10

these two pages will give you the ancestors of Haumu. It appears she was a descendant of the Ngai Tawake hapu, with Tawakehaunga II being her gr8 gr8 gr8 grandfather.
I can give you the whakapapa from Rahiri to Haumu if you reply by email.
All the best!

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2005 10:08 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

FATHER: Paratene
MOTHER: Te Tokitoki
ISSUE: Neho; Haumu; Hera Kaka
REFERENCE: 38-N-60 & 46-N-10

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2005 10:38 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Thanks for that Hohaia
Are we able to access MLC Minute Books online at all?
This information is fantastic thank you.
Naku na Jenny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2005 11:37 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

To your question, as far as I'm aware, MLC Minute Books cannot be accessed on the net. I myself spend a gr8 deal of time using their data base made available at the Whangarei MLC office. Auckland University Library is another place to access MLC Books. I'm sure if you contact a MLC office and quote those MB references, they will post copies to you. If not, I can post them to you myself if you wish.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2005 4:04 pm
jabwtworkpty OWC
(@jabwtworkpty-owc)

Thank you Hohaia,
I will contact them by post and endeavour to get copies of those pages you have sent me. I appreciate the time you have spent researching these books - I am very aware how much time that takes. It is unfortunate that those of us not living near those two centres cannot have ready access to the wonderful source of information they contain. Wouldn't that be something!
Naku naa Jenny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 October, 2005 11:42 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: