Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIHEMA, Hone: c1835  

RSS
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

I wondered if anyone could help me with information regarding the children and grandchildren of this tupuna.

From one source his parents were Rangitutaki and Haehae. His spouses were Turia and Hemaima, I dont know their order sorry. Could it be that there were two separate Hone Pihema's?

A list of children I have all to Turia are:
-Mae Rangitutaki Pihema
-Hokimate Pihema
-Waati Pihema
-Wai Pihema
-Materoa Pihema who is my tipuna

To Hemaima I have only one researched name: Hariata Hone Pihema

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

peaceful regard
Jacqui

Posted : 18 August, 2006 4:51 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora Jacqui, just crossed my mind that I grew up with a Pihema family here in Porirua. Both daughters Angela & Tania still live here. Do you know of them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 12:28 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Sorry Aubry I cant say that I do. Sadly, I lived away from the main whanau groups, the family members I remember as I grew up were the Hotene/ Wilson, Honetana and Materoa famillies from Morrinsville, and the Tainui Waka famillies who lived in Western Southland where my parents lived and worked, all my siblings are currently still in the south Island.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 12:40 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Oh yes, Thanks Aubry for the email, I just opened it, thank you very much.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 12:42 pm
trudat_nz OWC
(@trudat_nz-owc)

I know of a Pihema whanau that are from Mangataipa/Mangamuka. I do have a contact number for this whanau if it is the whanau that you are looking for?????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2006 1:49 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

kia ora trudat,
Its hard to really decide, the tupuna info I'm looking for regarding Hone Pihema is from about 1800, maybe even earlier, I am not sure. But from whanau info I would be the sixth generation from him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kia ora.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2006 10:47 pm
alihoupapa OWC
(@alihoupapa-owc)

Kia Ora

I do know of one man who might be able to help you in your search, his name is Joe Pihema, he resides in Lower Hutt. Sorry I cant find his number at present. If I can get his number for you I will let you know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 2:20 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Ali, that would be great if you could do that.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 8:44 am
vuktor OWC
(@vuktor-owc)

Hariata Hone Pihema was my great grand-mother who was married to Tauroa Himiona Maaka and they were from the Pupuke, Whangaroa area.

Hariata is the daughter of Hone Pihema and Hemaima Te Tau.

But I have different parents listed for Hone Pihema....maybe you can take a look at what I have and let me know of any corrections.

You can find this family information at http://www.boxallfamily.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 October, 2006 9:55 am
pammy OWC
(@pammy-owc)

Kia ora Jax,

I grandmother was Mate Ki Tawhiti Te Aratarua her mother's name was Te Hokimate o Taawhiao Pihama not sure if this is the same one you have mentioned in the first post...

Te Hokimate o Taawhiao Pihama fathers name was Hone Pihama the name of his wife that i have is Huihui not sure if this is of any help..

cheers pam

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 5:51 am
d.taoho OWC
(@d-taoho-owc)

Hi their cuz my granmother Tiki is a daughter to Waati Pihama. The names in your list were her aunties. Hokimate,Rangitutaki,Wai and their brother Materoa was her uncle.

Rangitutaki had many children, so you could be on the right track if you are in her line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 10:04 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Im sorry I took so long to reply. I am so BLOWN away right now, I had almost forgotten where this post was, I hadn't received any messages for a while and became dependant on the site sending me an email alert. Im not sure exactly but I have been told word of mouth (so have no reason to doubt) that my great grand father was Poihakena a son of Materoa. And that my grandfather was Johnny Materoa, and whangai by the Hotene whanau in Morrinsville, which I believe is some whanau of Nanny Rangitutaki though Im not sure why. Mum left the Waikato in her teens and moved to the South Island so we did not get to know many of the extended whanau, my childhood memories are shrouded with my relatives being her younger brothers and two sisters, and Kai A Te Mata Marae. I am so wrapped to read your post. True a cuz, I feel more like a neice than a cuz, jus counting the line, but deep respect. Thank you

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 June, 2007 4:26 pm
Sugabies
(@sugabies)

Kia Ora,

I am looking for whakapapa on my nans side. Her grandmother was Mae Rangitutaki Pihema. Her husband was Rengarenga Tua Hotene. Their son Parirengarenga Hotene is my great grandfather. 

This is the same whanau?

Sorry this is years late.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Janice

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2019 6:08 pm
Share: