Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIHEMA, Poni and TAUROA, Ani  

RSS
Clarke Pihema OWC
(@clarke-pihema-owc)

Anyone who has ties or information on the above names please answer. I believe Ani Tauroa is from Pupuke region northland, married Poni Pihema between following years 1850-1920. I am a desendant of Poni Pihema and in need of assistance with pepeha and/or whakapapa. family name PIHEMA.

Posted : 17 February, 2005 10:40 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena Koe Clarke

On the below site you will find a listing for Poni Pihema or Roha Pihema.

Although there is not much information, there are other whanau, names, re: Tauroa, Pihema from Pupuke.

http://www.familysearch.org

I found in the archived forums another whanau searching for connections with a Hariata Pihema.

Posting copied from Lil: Jan 22/01/2005:
You can contact Oneroa Pihema, his sister's name is Hariata Pihema, they are delegates for Te Arohanui Marae in Mangamuka. His mumber is (09) 401 9934.

I hope this helps you

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2005 8:31 am
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Kia ora Clarke

According to the http://www.familysearch.org site, we have common ancestors, namely:

[My gggf] Hone Pihema MORE == Hemaima TE WHATA

[My ggm] Hera Kaimau PIHEMA married Waikeri HEKE.

Hera Kaimau PIHEMA is Poni PIHEMA's sister.

Sorry, but I can't help with your search. Of course, I would be very interested in any information (whakapapa, pepeha, etc.) that you receive about our PIHEMA tipuna.

Good luck

Your whanaunga, Hamish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2005 4:33 pm
pammy OWC
(@pammy-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Clarke

According to the http://www.familysearch.org site, we have common ancestors, namely:

[My gggf] Hone Pihema MORE == Hemaima TE WHATA

[My ggm] Hera Kaimau PIHEMA married Waikeri HEKE.

Hera Kaimau PIHEMA is Poni PIHEMA's sister.

Sorry, but I can't help with your search. Of course, I would be very interested in any information (whakapapa, pepeha, etc.) that you receive about our PIHEMA tipuna.

Good luck

Your whanaunga, Hamish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 10:01 pm
pammy OWC
(@pammy-owc)

[are you sure it Pihema and not Pihama?????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 10:09 pm
dap OWC
(@dap-owc)

Kia ora Clarke,

Your message was posted well over a year ago, but I hope you still check in here now and then, as I do have a bit of info for you. The Pihema name is still remembered in Pupuke, though there are no members of that whanau living in the area. There may be some in the wider Kaeo area, but none that I know of. However, the Tauroa name is very prevalent still, with members of that whanau living in Pupuke and Kaeo. Both Pihema and Tauroa whanau members are buried at the Te Watea marae (the waahi tapu is there also), Patunga. You'll find it about 5-6 kms up Pupuke Rd, just out of Kaeo.

I love that place.

Kia ora ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 7:19 pm
dap OWC
(@dap-owc)

I apologise. There are no members of the Pihema whanau with the name Pihema, living in Pupuke. Obviously, there are whanau members, just none with the Pihema "surname". Hope I don't confuse you.

Kia ora ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 7:23 pm
dap OWC
(@dap-owc)

Last thing.. take a look here http://www.boxallfamily.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 7:35 pm
measures@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@measuresxtra-co-nz-owc)

Hi,
Hariata was raised in Rotorua by the BRASS family when she was about 10 years old, she was of high rank and was respected highly by princess Te Pueha. You can find her name along with others and the princess at Rotorua in the Musuem. Hariata Pihema married Huiarangi Hanakawhi and lived on Waiheke Island,Surdale. Together they had children, my mother Margaret,Keita Temamae and Ripeka all of full Maori Blood. European name for Huiarangi is George. There is a team photo of Huiarangi, Tom Clarke and Bill Royal in the public Libary under Huaraki Gulfshowing the Rugby Team. I hope this helps, I also am trying to get help from anyone that may have known my mum and so on so I can pass on to our children.

Regards
Jude Measures,(maiden name:Worthington)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2007 1:05 pm
Donia OWC
(@donia-owc)

Kia Ora Everyone,
Am new here but am also interested in the Pihema whanau. My grandfather is Rameka Pihema aka Goosemack. Any info would be great and any pics would be awesome to share. Also would like to know if anyone got any pics of his first wife. I think her name is Arahia, Irihi??

Thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2007 11:42 am
Share: