Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIKARI, Nga Puhi  

RSS
Pikari OWC
(@pikari-owc)

My Parents names were Mini & Hemi Pikari, parents of Hemi were Roimata & Atu Pikari, parents of Mini were Ngarangi & Tamati Pikari. I believe they were from the Okaihau district? This is about all I know in regards to my whakapapa. I would be very intersted in finding out more about my whanau.

Edited by - Pikari on Oct 23 2005 10:08:21 PM

Posted : 22 October, 2005 4:44 pm
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

Hey There,

This is a bit of a shock, Our Grandparents are brothers, our parents are first cousins, so we must be cousins, though i have'nt met you yet, my parents remember you and the rest of the whanau well, we moved to Australia in 1987. Sent you contact details.Contact you again shortly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2005 7:35 am
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

email you soon!

Crystal Pickering/Pikari

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2005 7:44 am
cherylb OWC
(@cherylb-owc)

Check out the Pikari families in Ohakune. Not sure where they came from, they ave been in that area for some time.One particular branch of them moved to Stokes Valley in Lower Hutt many years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2005 11:48 am
carl OWC
(@carl-owc)

quote:

My Parents names were Mini & Hemi Pikari, parents of Hemi were Roimata & Atu Pikari, parents of Mini were Ngarangi & Tamati Pikari. I believe they were from the Okaihau district? This is about all I know in regards to my whakapapa. I would be very intersted in finding out more about my whanau.

Edited by - Pikari on Oct 23 2005 10:08:21 PM

Hi my mother was Mini (ngareta) Pikari, who was married to Hemi Pikari, however he was not my father. They did live in Ohakune for most of there married life, I still have a sister there Temanawnui (Mona) Tamatea, we have a number of relations still living there, we are still trying to find all our family as most of us were adopted out or brought up by othwer family members

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 8:38 pm
biddysimon@hotmail.com OWC
(@biddysimonhotmail-com-owc)

Biddy Simon nee Pikari hail Ohakune.Papa Wiremu,
unlce Hemi(brothers)Ngapuhi,iwi.born Waiharara.
Parents, Atu and Raumati grand/parents Hone and TePaea.hail Lake Omapere,TeAhuahu,Okaihau district
Marae, Te Aranga Hou, Rawhitiroa, Parewhanua.Your siblings,Mona Wai,Marsha,Philip,Nopera,David,Eddie
Alamaine,Charmaine,Peter!Myself, i knew and aroha your parents uncle (Jim) as i called him and aunty Mini.Perkins and Kui.hail Raetihi are also close relatives? Whanau Hui 2007, held Melbourne xmas? Whakapapa displayed from the waka. Interested? will send panui or email. Marie ki koe
hoki i nga wa katoa. naku noa Biddy. 1st cousin.aye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 July, 2006 3:45 am
REGGAE_KNIGHT OWC
(@reggae_knight-owc)

hey just letting know i knew a biddy pikari from ohakune
but they were from the far north between okaihau and mangamuka
ive been to the family urupa cuzn nopera is situated in mangamuka
try an contact him threw tautoko radio northland

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2006 11:07 pm
biddysimon@hotmail.com OWC
(@biddysimonhotmail-com-owc)

kia ora Piripi
Barnie pikari tenie,kei te peha koe hoa whanau, I happened too sight this panui at my sis biddy and thought I would responded,Im on leave over here in melbourne at this moment and will be back in the next two weeks.I live in auckland and if we could make contact when I get back that and well take it from there, ka pai therefore I will leave you both my ph no and email adress
09 2764699 pikari@slingshot.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 11:09 pm
natashamohr11 OWC
(@natashamohr11-owc)

kia ora. just want to know if pikari is any relation th Harris or Hare Huru.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 6:02 pm
Share: