Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIRIHI  

RSS
ngatiwai_boi OWC
(@ngatiwai_boi-owc)

I am looking for history behind 'Pirihi' my great-great-great grandfather. He was the cheif of the sub-tribe Patuharakeke who lay claim to the Takahiwai reigon
Edited by - ngatiwai_boi on Nov 07 2004 2:16:11 PM

Edited by - ngatiwai_boi on Dec 22 2004 1:39:30 PM

Posted : 25 October, 2004 4:12 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ngatiwai_boi

Maybe you could try the Maori Land Court Records, for if your tupuna laid claim to the Takahiwai reigon then there may be korero in the land records. If you are not too sure where to go to read them, look in the links section here as I have seen a link to the Maori Land court and I know that site has info on where the records are held.

Also, could you give us the name of his wife, for the Waikato whanau who come here may recognise her name but have korero about him.

Good luck and never give up!

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Nov 11 2004 11:04:36 PM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2004 11:03 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora ngatiwai_boi

I am from the waikato too and I know for sure that my family will
probably know this young maiden from there.
the web site for the lands court is
www.maorilands.gov.nz

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2004 6:40 am
Rerekahu OWC
(@rerekahu-owc)

kia ora you'll find korero and a photograph of pirihi in rangiora marae in takahiwai. wiki te pirihi was the last kaitiaki of tawhitirahi (poor nights island).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2007 5:18 pm
Share: