Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIRIPI / WIRIHANA Whanau  

RSS
Sandy
(@sandy)

I am interested in seeking any information on the descendants of my Grandparents Pupara Te One Piripi and Nga Mako Wirihana (TAINUI) (Te Hoe,Tahuna area)Any information would be very much appreciated.

Edited by - Sandra Phillips on Nov 15 2004 08:43:11 AM

Edited by - Sandra Phillips on Nov 17 2004 09:35:41 AM

Posted : 09 November, 2004 8:17 am
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora koe Sandra

could you please you please give us a little bit more information
if known as my great grand father was Mahara Waikato.
I also know a few wirihana whanau so any extra information will
be dearly appreciated.

Na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2004 10:41 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Sandra

Just checking, it the Piripi whanau are also from Waikato or north as there is a Piripi whanau from north.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2004 10:45 pm
Sandy
(@sandy)

Kia Ora Poutokomanama,
My Piripi Whanau are from Waikato as far as I know.
Sandra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2004 8:52 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano Sandra,

That is one thing I love about here, you learn all the time and find other bits of info to add to your kete

Okay, if you go to http://www.familysearch.org.nz/ and do a search for the surname Piripi and set the country to New Zealand, you will find a large listing of Piripi whanau. Many of them are from north, but there are also others from the Waikato area - you will have to do quite a bit of reading but amoungst it all may be the info that you are looking for.

Note, not all of the info on this site is accurate, but is a great place as a starting point

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2004 4:53 pm
Busky OWC
(@busky-owc)

Kia ora Sandra

I got your name off my cousin and i am glad to find you. The Piripi/Wirihana whānau are from Te Hoe, Hoe-o-Tainui area. My Great Great Grandmothers name was Hinenui Piripi and i think there is a possibility that we could be whānau. I am researching our whakapapa also along with my cousin Cynthia whose mums maiden name is Piripi. You are welcome to e-mail me at busky310@hotmail.com. I am going to e-mail this panui to my cousin and who knows we might be able too make some connections.

Na Dianne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2005 7:09 pm
ngatiwilson OWC
(@ngatiwilson-owc)

Tena Koe I know a little bit about this line. I am researching Taramaiwhatu Matiaha. According to my husband's grandmother - Arahia, who was Taramaiwhatu's daughter - Ngamako was a sister to her mother Te Mutu, they had two brothers Topoto and Hakopa. Topoto was married to Ngahikatea the old lady with the moko, immortalised by Michael King's article on her. Ngamako had a son Timi who married Te Mutu + Taramaiwhatu's daughter - Kirikowhai - is this your line? I'd love to hear from you in regards to my own research. I've found Maori Land Court records useful for this family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2005 6:55 pm
Cynthia OWC
(@cynthia-owc)

[quote]
Tena Koe I know a little bit about this line. I am researching Taramaiwhatu Matiaha. According to my husband's grandmother - Arahia, who was Taramaiwhatu's daughter - Ngamako was a sister to her mother Te Mutu, they had two brothers Topoto and Hakopa. Topoto was married to Ngahikatea the old lady with the moko, immortalised by Michael King's article on her. Ngamako had a son Timi who married Te Mutu + Taramaiwhatu's daughter - Kirikowhai - is this your line? I'd love to hear from you in regards to my own research. I've found Maori Land Court records useful for this family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2005 12:24 pm
Cynthia OWC
(@cynthia-owc)

Tena Koe I am the granddaughter to Kirikowhai whom married Jim Piripi. My mother is the daugher to Kirikowhai and her name is Rangiwhia she married Sonny Moana and these are my parents. You may have had a msn from my cousin Dianne whom we are both searching for our whanau. But I was very interested in your comment about the book from Michael King writing about our tupuna. Hope to hear from you soon.

[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2005 12:31 pm
ngatiwilson OWC
(@ngatiwilson-owc)

Kia Ora Cynthia I know who you are now. I'm married to Tumua, Who was raised by Arahia. Are you in Hamilton? We meet regularly with whanau in regards to the farm at Mangapiko for two reasons 1 - we plan to put a building there 2 - we are compiling whakapapa the next one is in July I forgot the date but I'll let you know - we meet at Hopuhopu. I'm happy to meet up with you + share info, we're in Ngaruawahia but in Hamilton most days, let me know if you want to meet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2005 11:05 pm
mindora OWC
(@mindora-owc)

quote:

I find this very interesting as the lady with the moko immortalised by michael king is my grandmothers eldest sister Ngahikatea Wirihana. I had been researching to whom she was married as she retained the Wirihana name thru her lifetime.I was enquiring as to who her husband and children were. You can email me at dorrick123@hotmail.com ij you can help.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2006 8:12 pm
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

Tena Koutou,

Kia ora my name is Hinerangi Wilson. My grandfathers sister is Rangiwaru Wiki who resides in Te hoe, their parents name is Tione Piripi and Ngamako Wirihana i think, i will ask and let u all know.
U can email me on reception@ture.org.nz

Naku noa, na
Hinerangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2006 1:03 pm
Share: