Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Pohara Marae, Titipo  

RSS
Puru OWC
(@puru-owc)

My Tipuna Titipo children Meri Muunu, Wiremu Muunu, and Wiremu Matena are still listed on the Maori land Court records as having shares in the Pohara marae, on Maungatautari Mountain,I would be grateful to know how I can find out their whakapapa, my Grandmother who knew some of it died and never wrote it down.

she lived on the East Coast, and never went back there.

na
Waimanu

Posted : 07 December, 2005 3:22 pm
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia ora Waimanu
I also have connections to Pohara thru my tupuna Rawinia Manukau and Titipo is connected to that line.
Was Titipo's husband Te Hoeta if so then we may have a tupuna in common? I do know from and old uncle that Titipo had children named Wiremu and Mere and I think they were adopted by our great uncle William More Moon. Does any of this ring a bell? Let me know?
Na Mereana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 December, 2005 12:43 pm
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia ora again Waimanu
About William Mawe (More) Moon
I also remember that the name 'Muunu ' or Muuni was the Maori name for 'Moon' so William Mawe Moon could be the same person who Wiremu and Mere were whangai'd with. Just a thought?

Na
Mereana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 December, 2005 5:02 pm
Puru OWC
(@puru-owc)

Kia ora Mereana,

All ,that you have said i recognise, but I thought Titipo's father was Te Hoeta and Mere and Wiremu's father was William Moon. I have a little more whakapapa but not enough to really know.

na Waimanu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2005 4:45 pm
Share: