Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Poi Whanau ties: Ormsby, Hawkins, Walker, Koia, August  

RSS
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora,

The Poi whanau has ties with these families: Omsby, Hawkins, Walker, Koia and August. They fit into the whakapapa as follows:

Pine parents[b/]
Te Rukukupenga ~m~ Maata

[b]Hihi father and mother[b/]
Pine Haerewa ~m~ Miriama

[b]Hanakawhi father and mother [b]Teo father[b/]
Hihi/Titi Haerewa ~m~ Ihipera Hihi Poi?

[b]Mother[b/] Father
Hanakawhi Haerewa (Rangitukia) [b]Teo-Paipa/Tuteri Poi (Poroporo)[b/]

[b]Children[b/]
(f) Miriama ~m~ Omsby
(m) Te Urikore ~m~ Hiria Kiekie Grant (My line)
(m) Te Ringatu
(f) Paerata ~m~ Hawkins
(f) Kaku ~m~ Walker
(m) Pene (black) ~m~ Sarah Koia
(m) Neoma (Tat) 28th Maori Bat.
(f) Charlotte ~m~ August
(m) Hona

This is what I have found out, if one of the extended whanau has the whakapapa of the Poi whanau could you please email me or leave a post.

Thanks - spread the word

Edited by - Panipani on Jul 31 2006 8:18:41 PM

Posted : 10 June, 2006 12:36 pm
kauellen OWC
(@kauellen-owc)

Kia ora

I am trying to find whanau to my grandmother who was Horiana Houkamau Haerewa. She to was from Rangitukia but have no idea who her whanau were and who if any were her siblings. I remember talk of her having a sister who married a Poi. Just wondering if there is some connection with your whanau. My grandmother was married to Hewa Tihore, first marriage and then she married my grandfather who was Ratunui Te Tawhiro of Omaramutu, Whakatohea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2007 12:01 am
Share: