Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POROU, Heemi Te Whatu and Te Rina Reremoana Campbell  

RSS
Katarina Porou OWC
(@katarina-porou-owc)

Kia ora, nga mihi o te tau hou ki a koutou. I am looking for my husbands tupuna around 1800's, Bartletts,Nuhaka,Mahia,Wairoa area. They whangai'd Wiremu Kaapo (Rusty) Porou, son of Matire Bartlett.
Have got Bartlett side but need more info on the old couple. Did they have any children of their own? Were there any other whangai? Also, where did the name Porou originate? It appears that Te Rina was a Campbell but who were Heemi Te Whatu's parents? Would appreciate any info that might help. Hei kona.

Posted : 11 January, 2007 11:43 am
MaraeaB OWC
(@maraeab-owc)

From what I am reading in my father's whakapapa - Matire III Bartlett was the daughter of Thomas Bartlett and Mere Tauira Teito and is the younger sister of my great grandmother Mere Bartlett. If it is the right, then Matire would have been born on 06.09.1880 and had 3 husbands 1) Wiremu Poka 2) Karepa Tui Matenga and 3) Kara Watene. There was a Bartlett reunion a few years ago where the book BARTLETT Mahia to Tawatapu which was compiled by Mere Whaanga-Schollum was given to those in attendance. My dad know's quite a bit about the whakapapa and he himself was whangai'd out to a wide range of family members. Your husband wouldn't be related to Joe Porou who passed away a while ago, would he?

My dad could probably give me information. I can ask him if you would like. He is allergic to technology and doesn't even know how to use a cellphone so I would have to rely information if you don't mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2007 9:39 am
Teremoana liked
Teremoana
(@teremoana)

@maraeab-owc

Tēna koe whanaunga

I am a great great granddaughter of Mere Bartlett and Jack Baker, could that possibly be the same Kuia as you speak of? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2019 1:56 pm
Share: