Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POTAE PANI  

RSS
TAHABCC OWC
(@tahabcc-owc)

kia ora I am trying to find out about my family history. My Great Granmother was Pani Potae her father was Mokena Ratu Potae. My Great granmother married Charles henery Brooking. I would be extremly grateful if there was any one out there willing to share infomation with me. Thank you.

Posted : 26 May, 2006 2:46 pm
Te_Mohoao OWC
(@te_mohoao-owc)

Kia ora
My name is Mokena Potae Reedy - I was named after Mokena Potae who was killed in WW2. He was brought up by Queenie Waititi(nee Mulligan) at Whangaparaoa. I in turn was brought up by my Uncle and his wife was Te Ratu Potae. Henare Potae (aka "He Potae") was a prominent chief of Te Whanau-a-ruataupare in the late 1800's.
If you require any whakapapa "uia mai"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2006 9:04 pm
charlie OWC
(@charlie-owc)

Kiaora was interested in your post as my grandmother was a potae from Kennedy's bay in coromandel her name was Myra Ratu potae and her parents were Anaru and Mona Potae, and wondering if the same whanau? I Know we descend from Enoka and Henare Potae prominent Ngati porou cheifs.
kiaora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 2:11 pm
Punaruku Princess OWC
(@punaruku-princess-owc)

Tena koe
My great Grandfather was also Charles Henry Brooking. Are you Raymond, Barry or Shirleys daughter? I look forward to hearing from you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 10:08 pm
Thomas
(@thomas)

Tena koe Whanau

Just for your information, the Potae whanau at Harataunga (Kennedy Bay) do not descend from Enoka or Henare Potae. If you require further information, please contact me.
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2008 3:53 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Tena koe whanau,
I descend from Enoka and Tamati Whakanehua Potae.
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2008 6:30 pm
Share: