Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POTIKI, Reita/Eliza: Info on my Great great grandmother  

RSS
Elsie OWC
(@elsie-owc)

Kiaora
I would greatly appreciate any information on my great great grandmother Reita/Eliza Potiki, Daughter of Ihaia POTIKI and Hera/Sally STONE.
She was born approx: 1873 Died Approx:1911 In Port Molyneaux Otago NZ
Thank You[:D
Purported to have married a Joseph TeVan/LeVan Cross

Edited by - Elsie on Apr 06 2005 4:10:14 PM

Edited by - Elsie on Apr 06 2005 4:13:09 PM

Edited by - Elsie on Apr 06 2005 4:31:10 PM

Posted : 06 April, 2005 4:06 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe Elsie,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club then click on Full search and search for Potiki, you will find under the people directory a person with the surname Potiki - they may be whanau.

Also, if you go to www.familysearch.org and put Potiki in the last name, set the country to New Zealand and click search you will find some Potiki whanau, including your Tupuna Ihaia POTIKI.

Have a look through the other records there - you could find more whanaunga (relations).

Note, not all info in the familysearh site is accurate, but it is a great place to start.

Good luck and let us know how you get one

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2005 1:26 am
Potiki OWC
(@potiki-owc)

Kia Ora

I am also a Potiki descendent and recently found a vast amount of information at www.mytree.com I have never found such a large amount of info anywhere else. I downloaded the tree and would happily forward it to you but I do not see how to attach on this site. If you email me at anthonyjking@yahoo.co.uk I will send it to you.

cheers!

Tony K

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2005 10:19 pm
soandso OWC
(@soandso-owc)

Hi I have read the postings on Eliza and Joseph Cross and have information on them that I am more than happy to share. I am assisting my daughter Jess to find her Whanau. Her gt gt grandparents were Eliza Potiki and Joseph Cross
I am happy for anyone connected to email me
soandso@hyper.net.nz

Sylvia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2005 3:20 pm
katyg OWC
(@katyg-owc)

Kia Ora I am also looking for the Cross family Ada Cross who married Arther Edmonds can you help in any way please

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 4:15 pm
Share: