Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PUKEPUKE/TIARERE/STURM, Henriette  

RSS
Sas OWC
(@sas-owc)

Kia ora. I am looking for any info on my g-g-g-grandmother, Henriette Pukepuke. She also used the name Tiarere, and married a German settler Friederich Wilhelm Christian Sturm. They lived in Nuhaka around the 1840s and 50s and had (I think) 3 sons, including my g-g-granfather Federick James Sturm, born Nuhaka 1856. She died there in 1859. I don't know her iwi - I'm guessing Ngati Kahungunu? Any info on her, whanau or descendants would be really appreciated. Thanks, Sas

Posted : 29 July, 2005 11:17 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe Sas,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Pukepuke in the last name, setting the country to New Zealand you will find a few people with the Pukepuke Whanau name - that may give you some links.

Next, at the same place put Tiarere in the last name box and you will find records for your g-g-g-grandmother and g-g-granfather so from those you may be able to get more info and names to search.

Note: Not all info at that site is accurate, but it is a good place to start!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 3:04 pm
Sas OWC
(@sas-owc)

Thanks for that - I'll check it out!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 5:01 pm
Sas OWC
(@sas-owc)

Chris B who replied to my post - I have lost yr email, sorry - please get in touch again as I have some info for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2005 10:39 pm
Share: