Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PUKEROA, Ripeka Tairi  

RSS
WhisperNZ OWC
(@whispernz-owc)

This is my Nannies name, i'm a moko from her 2nd marriage to Peri Haami Waaka (Ngawaka). I'm searching for any information on her parentage. I know her Dad's name was Henry Pukeroa (Great Grandfather) and her Mum's name was Ramari (Greatgrand Mother). Also she was from Rotorua - Tuwharetoa, I would greatly appreciate anything that would help me piece my whakapapa together. My Nanny is buried up in Ahipara, her 1st husband was Herewini Hemi and had since passed away when she and my Koro met in Rotorua and subsequently married in Ahipara.

Posted : 07 June, 2005 1:46 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe WhisperNZ,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club then search for Pukeroa by putting the name in the box at the top right hand of the page, you will get a result in the lists. Follow the instructions in that link and you will find some of your whanau.

Note: Not asll information at that site is accurate, but it is a great place to start.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 1:06 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

quote:

This is my Nannies name, i'm a moko from her 2nd marriage to Peri Haami Waaka (Ngawaka). I'm searching for any information on her parentage. I know her Dad's name was Henry Pukeroa (Great Grandfather) and her Mum's name was Ramari (Greatgrand Mother). Also she was from Rotorua - Tuwharetoa, I would greatly appreciate anything that would help me piece my whakapapa together. My Nanny is buried up in Ahipara, her 1st husband was Herewini Hemi and had since passed away when she and my Koro met in Rotorua and subsequently married in Ahipara.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2005 11:10 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

quote:

Hi my name is Herewini Wikaira
I am a Moko of Stanley James who was a son of Herewini Hemi & Ripeka Pukeroa, from what ive heard, someone told me Ripeka was an Arano (Allen) from Ahipara, i didnt think anything of it except for the fact that she was buried in front of them, my grandfather is next to her, is that true? was Ramari the Allen, cause all my Aunties reckon the Pukeroa's are from down there, im not dissing u, jus need answers help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2005 11:23 pm
AllyKat OWC
(@allykat-owc)

Kia ora Whisper
Like you I am tracing my tupuna's to. My great great grandfathers name is Henare Pukeroa as I am finding out and his wife is Ramari Davidson or Blake. Is this the same people? She passed away 1947. Is there any connection?
Just wondering

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2005 10:11 pm
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Hi there is Ripeka Tairi Pukeroa the same relation to Aroha and Apihaka Pukeroa of Ahipara. My father is Bowman Huru who use to go to school with his cousins who are the Pukeroa's at Waikeri School in the gumfields of Ahipara. I have a copy of the Culture Group they were in when they had won 1st prize between the years 1888-1988.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 3:46 pm
Whisper OWC
(@whisper-owc)

I'm sorry everybody for not replying sooner... I was working out of the Manukau Library... I have since aquired my own machine and plan on getting back to you all...
For Te Kuta; Yes we are bones... I loved my Uncle Stan your Koro... Dereck/Lynton is my brother.. Who are your parents... I will give you my email address if you want...
For Joanna; I'm sorry, I don't have that much information yet. I ran into a brick wall... At a time I was running a little too fast, and it sat me on my arse... I would love to see that picture you have though...
Again, my deepest apologies to you all...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 10:04 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,
If you can establish the connection then maybe the tupuna was via traditional Te Rawara and Aupouri descent lines through ancestors from Ruanui and down to:
Matua koro=Pukeroa
Maraea Pukeroa= Captain Cunningham

Pi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 7:26 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

E Ho Whanau *hahaha*
I'm reading everyones postings and can see we're all related here.
Yes, we all know the Pukeroa whanau from Waiker1 as Joanna so kindly put it and yes Joanna i am related to your dad Bowman. My dad's mum is a Pukeroa, her name was Waikohu Ani Pukeroa. She married Hori Kawhina Pura. They had seven children and the children took the fathers first name as their last, what a small world. Joanna i have your whakapapa too as you as so closely related to me. My mothers mother and your dads mother are sisters *hahaha* You know Joanna, my dad is named after your great grand father Te Tatau Hare Huru.
WhisperNZ go to the Te Rarawa website and post on their thread those whanau would give you all the info you want or do as i do and print all the messages out that way you can sort it all out......Kia Ora all *s*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2006 10:08 am
Whisper OWC
(@whisper-owc)

Thanks for that info Superbee... Will try to do that... It has taken me a while to get to where I am at the moment...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2006 6:24 pm
Whisper OWC
(@whisper-owc)

I have printed off all the notices posted and I will go to that Te Rarawa site... Thanks for all the help... Every little bit no matter how insignificant, really helps... Thanks Mikaere...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2006 6:28 pm
georgie_girl9 OWC
(@georgie_girl9-owc)

Tena koe, My name is Georgie Hemi-Wharekawa, Hemi from Kaeo..but Stanley James is my mothers first cousin, some of his descents go under Hemi, but my dad is from Kaeo.. she is Apihaka Pukeroa, her parents are Ramari and Hepeti Pukeroa. She is first cousin to Uncles Ephraim Te Paa, Mac Noble and Jerry Graham (Te Herenga).Her father and their mothers are brother and sisters. My uncle boy(Potatau) is buried with Nanny Pukeroa. There is so much whanau I to have not met, the fact that they are Pukeroa just makes my happy to say they are my family too...oh and my cousin uncle boys daughter is named Ramari too...my aunty Marama Goldie nee Pukeroa is up in Ahipara often. Last time my Uncle Bunty Pukeroa (Tim) was up there too in Houhora...so happy "Walking with our Tipuna" everyone...Nga Mihi nui ki a koutou Georgie..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 June, 2006 11:34 pm
jay-beanz OWC
(@jay-beanz-owc)

wow i cant believe how exciting this site is to me!! im new to this and is interested in knowing abit more, i dont know how this site works, but by the sounds of it, it looks good. im sure you're my first cousin "whisper", i am the youngest grandchild of Ripeka pukeroa and peri waaka, my mother is the youngest child, correct me if im wrong, but isnt there only two left from them? mamie and pita?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2008 8:51 pm
Share: