Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RAIHANIA  

RSS
Dino OWC
(@dino-owc)

Kia Ora Wanau, My name is Dino Armstrong nee Rapana. My Mothers grandfather is Te Rangihauta Rimitiriu Raihania. My family have been trying to track his whakapapa for many years now and have a few leads, but not enuff to find out who or where exactly he comes from. Our great grandfather is buried in a beautiful place called Nukutaurua in Te Mahia, East Coast. We have heard that he has a strong connection to the Iwi of Nga Puhi (Whangaruru, Mokau area)we are still unsure. Is there anyone who knows of where our Koro comes from.
Naku Noa, Dino

Posted : 02 December, 2004 2:05 pm
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Tena koe, Dino.
Ko Huruiki te maunga
Ko Mokau te awa
Ko Huruiki ano te whare tupuna
Ko Whakaruru te whare kai
Ko Te Kauae te wahi tapu
Ko Te Whenuaroa te waka
Ko te Uri o Hikihiki te hapu
Ko Ngati Wai te iwi

No Whangaruru ahau.
My kaumatua Te Houpeke Piripi (Punaruku) is the kai tiaki of the information that you seek. If anyone in Whangaruru will know your whakapapa, he will. Contact him, but be prepared to spend the time.
Kia kaha.

maxt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2004 6:20 pm
TFL OWC
(@tfl-owc)

Hi Dino
Did you get any other information? There is a bit on The Raihania Shears competition on www.shearingworld.com/news.htm . If you google his name you will also find a few more interesting sites

XX
Tia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2005 8:16 pm
Share: