Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Rakau Mohi (Riki, Dick) PETERS/PITA  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Kataraina_Davis OWC
(@kataraina_davis-owc)

kIA ORA,
i am looking for anyone who may know my papa, i am trying to trace back to the old days, i dont know any of my heritage.
Kia ora koutou

Posted : 11 November, 2005 8:08 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Is this the Pita / Peters whanau from Whangaruru?
The Pita & Davis whanau are from there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 8:49 pm
Kataraina_Davis OWC
(@kataraina_davis-owc)

If Whangaruru is up North by Peria then yes......? Our my mum is a Peters, but my dad is a Davis, sound familiar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:03 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

There are [that I have knowledge of] 2 Pita / Peter families that tatai to Ngati Wai. One family originate from Whangaruru [about 50 kms north-east of Whangarei], and the other from Whananaki [again about 40 north-east of Whangarei]. New Zealand First MP, Winston Peters is from the whanau at Whananaki. Again the Pita / Peter families I know of from those areas have been there going back to the mid 19th century.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:38 pm
Kataraina_Davis OWC
(@kataraina_davis-owc)

yeah, we have no ties, to Winston Peters because our name was Pita, then changed to Peters not so long ago, i know i am from Te Aupouri, i am really wanting to get in touch with anyone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2005 8:50 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Nga Uri O Mohi Pita:

1. Pae Mohi Pita [No Issue]
2. Pita Mohi Pita [No Issue]
3. Mere Whakaeta Mohi Pita
4. Rakau Mohi Pita
5. Riki Mohi Pita
6. Heremaia Mohi Pita
7. Nuku Mohi Pita
8. Hare Mohi Pita [No Issue]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2005 11:43 pm
Kataraina_Davis OWC
(@kataraina_davis-owc)

Oh my god,

Thank you sooo much, for your info.
my papa is Rakau mohi Pita, and he was married to Tui Kataraina hetaraka. get back to me with more and more info, this is putting me on the right track to finding anything.
Thanks again and get back to me. or just tell me where to look.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 5:28 pm
johnnydee09 OWC
(@johnnydee09-owc)

kiaora i'm from the dick whanau in opononi .my grand mother was a daniel before marrying my grand father.Hone Toi Riki JNR.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2006 6:49 pm
VAM OWC
(@vam-owc)

Hi, I am looking for some information about my whanau. I have very limited information, but I can trace back to my Grandmother's Grandmother (I think), who was Dorothea Caroline Peters. She married Ferdinand Heinrich Schwamn. They were from the Whangaruru and Kaipara areas. Unfortunatley, I do not know the dates. I would really appreciate any information that you might have that I could follow up? Thanks, VAM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2007 4:33 pm
noved2 OWC
(@noved2-owc)

quote:

Hi, I am looking for some information about my whanau. I have very limited information, but I can trace back to my Grandmother's Grandmother (I think), who was Dorothea Caroline Peters. She married Ferdinand Heinrich Schwamn. They were from the Whangaruru and Kaipara areas. Unfortunatley, I do not know the dates. I would really appreciate any information that you might have that I could follow up? Thanks, VAM.

Kiaora e hoa,

If your Grandmother came from Whangaruru then she comes from our tupuna Peter Antonio Cantido Da Mora (see: writings by granny Waitai). My Great Nana was his daughter. Some of his uri use Pita, some use Peters and others use Antonio. He had a large family and his children had many children, some had 17 to 20 in number. He also had a wife and family in the Far North and another in Ngati Porou.

There are heaps and heaps of us all over the motu.

Give me a pm and I will send you what I have. Granny Waitai's daughter-in-law is still alive and she still holds all the whakapapa for that line would be happy to help you.

Noho ora mai,

na Noved2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2007 3:40 pm
VAM OWC
(@vam-owc)

Thank you so much for this response. I have sent you a PM.

I look forward to hearing more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2007 1:50 pm
noved2 OWC
(@noved2-owc)

Kiaora Hohaia2,

Awesome e hoa, is the Mohi Pita you talk about from Mokau ki Whangaruru. If so, he would be the same Mohi who is the son of one of my grandfathers older siblings and Hoani Tautahi Pita, son of Peter Antonio Cantido Da Mora?

I know that they followed work all around the coast, from Mokau up the east coast to the Far North, across to the Hokianga and down to the Kaipara. Even further afield to Taranaki and again to the Hauraki Plains.

When work was good at the Timber mill they moved there, if the Whaling was good they followed the Whales and again with the potato season, gum digging and so on. No such thing as unemployment in their day......

So you are quite right e hoa, their children married all over the Motu ne and are connected to Henare Kaupeka Piripi.

Nga uri o Huruiki, mauri ora.

na noved2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 July, 2007 1:13 pm
noved2 OWC
(@noved2-owc)

[quote]
Thank you so much for this response. I have sent you a PM.

I look forward to hearing more.
[/quote)

Mihimai ano e te whanaunga,

I have a file that I can gedcom and send to you with all the info that I have. Do you have Paf5 or similar program that can convert is for you?

na noved2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 July, 2007 1:25 pm
VAM OWC
(@vam-owc)

"I have a file that I can gedcom and send to you with all the info that I have. Do you have Paf5 or similar program that can convert is for you?" [quote]

Hi, I would LOVE this file. I will try and get hold of a program to convert it. Thank you again for your help with this.

vam

Edited by - VAM on Jul 30 2007 11:49:28 AM

Edited by - VAM on Jul 30 2007 11:51:03 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 July, 2007 11:47 am
VAM OWC
(@vam-owc)

If your Grandmother came from Whangaruru then she comes from our tupuna Peter Antonio Cantido Da Mora (see: writings by granny Waitai). [quote]

Hi Noved2,

I am really new to this, so am unsure how to go about looking for writings by granny Waitai. I am wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction?

Again, thank you.

VAM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 July, 2007 11:56 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: