Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Rameka, Hone  

RSS
gina OWC
(@gina-owc)

I am looking for any whakapapa relating to Hone Rameka from Kaikohe area. He had a daugther Peti Rameka who married Ferguson Neilson who then had my grandmother Te Kohuwhero (Dooley) Neilson/Niira.

Nga Mihi
Gina

Posted : 15 September, 2007 5:01 pm
erinaal@hotmail.com OWC
(@erinaalhotmail-com-owc)

kiaora Gina,Im Erina, from kaikohe now living in auckland. Hone Rameka is our great grandfather, dad father is Winiata Rameka and dad name is Anaru. welcome to the club. I am also searching maybe we can share imformation if that is alright with you. hope to hear from you soon.Erina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2007 4:56 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello Erina,

My name is Norman and Hone Rameka is my Great Grand father. (Gina ia my neice) I to would be intersted in sharing information, particularly Whakapapa and any pictures of your fathers dad Winiata. I am seeking photographs of Winiata and his sister Peti. My mother is Te Kahuwhero, who is the daughter of Peti, and the namesake of Hone Rameka's first wife, Te Kahuwhero Heremaia Pirika.
At the moment I have a picture of Hone Rameka, and his children, with the exception of Peti (my grandmother) and Winiata.

All the best

Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2007 9:19 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Hone Rameka's father was Rameka Wharepou. His mother was Mariata Puhi. Mariata is a sister to Karena Puhi. From Karena Puhi are the descendants of the 'Karena / Garland' families. Now their father Puhi is a brother of Chief Waikato, the chief that accompanied Hongi Hika when they went to England. Rameka Wharepou's father was Te Wharepou.

Te Newha Heremaia Pirika is a sister to Kahuwhero whom was the wife of Hone Rameka. The 'Court' families from Waimate North descend from Te Newha. Te Newha married Te Kooti Hohaia Tara, whom was my great grandmother's brother. There is a urupa past the Tauwhara Marae where the Rameka whanau are interred.

Te korero awhina nei,
Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 December, 2007 12:27 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello Hohaia2,

Many thanks for the info. Do you have any further whakapapa, re Hermaia Pirika and the Rameka whanau. If so I would be appreciative in receiving any information that you may have. Also, do you know where the Pirika and Te Wharapou (Rameka Wharepou's father) come from?

Many thanks

Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 December, 2007 5:26 pm
singapore OWC
(@singapore-owc)

Tena koutou nga whanau o Hone Rameka.

My name is Tui Rameka,my dads name is Tame (Don) brother to uncle Andy(Anaru),uncle Paki,uncle Ono(Winiata),aunty Sissy(Ruiha)who are all deceased,except for aunty Betty (Peti)and uncle Billy.Their father was Winiata, he was the youngest of the 5 children that survived of the 8 chidren that Hone and Te Kauwhero had at Puketotara.Winiata's siblings were Horomona who married Kura Rauriki and later Whakarua Stewart,Anaru married Te Ringamau Titore,Peti married Fergy Neilson,Harata married William Alexander,and Winiata married our grandmother Ruiha Henare.
Acknowladgement has to go to uncle John Alexander for his research into Hone Rameka I am happy to share what info I have of our great grandfather and his life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 1:01 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello Singapore,

Its good to hear from you. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

I can be contacted direct at normanbeazley@clear.net.nz

All the best

Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 1:17 pm
Share: