Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RANGITEAORERE 1st  

RSS
eves OWC
(@eves-owc)

Ko Rangiwhakaekeau te tupuna
koia te tuakana o nga pumanawa e waru o Rangitihi (Te Arawa)

Rangiteaorere son of Rangiwhakaekeau had 4 children.
Kaiure (M) Tutewhaiwha (m) Apatakikawa (F) Hinetekawa)(f)

Personal research being done. Looking for added information as to who was the eldest male of Rangiteaorere 1st. Kaiure or Tutewhaiwha Very open minded for information.

Atawhai

Edited by - eves on Nov 30 2004 8:42:20 PM

Posted : 22 November, 2004 12:21 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe eves,

You could try google and put Rangiteaorere in the search criteria. There are quite a few sites that come up with this name, and maybe amoung them may comments that could lead you to the answer.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2005 12:56 am
danny98249 OWC
(@danny98249-owc)

You also know that Rangiteaorere was the nephew of Tuhoe-Potiki too, Uenukurauiri Rangiteaorere's mother was Tuhoe's sister. And from what i know it was Kaiure that was the eldest although im not 100 percent sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2006 10:12 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Rangiteaorere's eldest son was Tutewhaiwha who had Tuteniu.

The oriori which gave Rangiteaorere his name goes like this:

E tama e
naku koe i kimi
naku koe i rangahau
ki te po uriuri ki te po tangotango
hohoro te kii mai Uenukurauiri
ki te puta he wahine tapaia ki te au e rere nei
ki te puta he tane tapaia ki te ao e tu nei
i tokona e to tupuna e Tanewhirinaki
koia te Rangituatea e tu nei

This was sung to him in the womb and was later used by Rangiteaorere when he was in search of his papa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 7:14 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

P.S Rangiwhakaekeau was not the eldest son of Rangitihi it was in fact Te Ratorua. Hence he got his name Te RatoruatekurimitimitiitehinuoHoumaitawhiti. Because when his younger brothers turned to him to rebel against their fathers wish for them to walk under the legs of Tuhourangi this was his reply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2006 6:25 pm
Share: