Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Raukawa  

RSS
Debzone OWC
(@debzone-owc)

I need more details to whakapapa back to Raukawa.This is what I have. Any help / corrections would be greatful.

Raukawa (m)
Whakatere (m)
Poutu
Ihunui
Kiritaratara
Iwitahi = Te Riwa
Tamawhero
Te Pupu
Rangiauake
Hikutawatawa

I have no details from Whakatere down. Like are they female / male. Their unions etc.
I have a few details of Rerehau, Whakatere's brother. But still would like more info on that side as well. Like Maniapoto had three unions and children. I don't know who the mothers are to the children. Te Kawairiria and Roora

feel free to check the whakapapa out on http://debzone.tribalpages.com but please remember it is still and always will be a working document (will have errors not intentionally)

Edited by - Debzone on Apr 13 2007 7:15:24 PM

Posted : 09 April, 2007 1:13 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora e hoa

Raukawa's oldest was Rereahu, just a correction i see you put Rerahau. He had Maniapoto. Maniapoto's firt wife was Hinemania who begat Te Kawairirangi, she died young. Maniapoto then had 2 other unions. I dont know much of them or of your line from Poutu, only of my line which comes off Te Kawairirangi. Wheres your marae? Is it Poutu in Shannon?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 3:02 pm
Debzone OWC
(@debzone-owc)

Kia Ora

Thanks for your reply - I have edited the typo.

I have only just started researching my family's whakapapa. I do not know what or where my marae is. I tried a few years ago but I guess I wasn't really ready for it.

I have just (2 months)started reading books and searching the net and I am enjoying what I have read.

Though reading different sources eg "Te Kete Korero - The Founding Ancestors of Maniapoto" by P.N. Crown & G.S Te Ruki Maniapoto 3 Unions are
1. Maniapoto married Hinemania and they had Te Kawairirangi (as stated above)
2. Maniapoto married Hinewhatihua (her 1st union was Uetangore and she had Paparauwhare)
Maniapoto & Hinewhatihua had Tutakamoana
3. Maniapoto married Paparauwhare (Hinewhatihua daughter from her 1st union)

When I am researching I try to find at least two sources to verify my findings.

But I still looking for info for Whakatere.

Edited by - Debzone on Apr 13 2007 7:37:28 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 7:36 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Whakatere is in Felding e kare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 10:56 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

That pukapuka Te Kete Korere is told right from the mouth of Piripi Crown and from his ancestors handed down orally come all that korero within that puka it is true Maniapoto-Rereahu whakapapa if you ask me, my Uncle Shane Te Ruki helped published it. Theres a book by Pei te Hurinui aswell Nga Iwi o Tainui.

Kiaora Nani, no Ngati Whakatere koe?

Yeh Whakatere have ties around Feilding, out the Rangitikei Valley and there also down in Shannon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 1:06 am
Dreden OWC
(@dreden-owc)

Kia ora! Debzone.

Re: The whakapapa from Whakatere down to Hikutawatawa,i am a descentant of Hikutawatawa or better known as Rora Hikutawatawa(f)= Raharuhi Porangi of Wairoa.They had 5 daugthers & 1 Son, 2 died without issue,i descended from Rea Waitote(f)=Manihera Te Paa Who is mention on your Homepage.
Rora & Raharuhi are buried at Makeakea Urupa,Waihirere Rd, Wairoa.

Infro on whakapapa:
Raukawa(m)=Turongo-ihi(f)
Whakatere(m)
Poutu(m)=Hinekekehu(f)
Ihunui(m)=Waitawake(f)
Te Kiritaratara(m)=Hinewhata(f)
Iwitahi(m)=Te Riwa(f)
Tamawhero(m)
Te Pupu
Rangiauake(m)
Rora Hikutawatawa(f)=Raharuhi Porangi(m).
/
1.Mere-riripiti(f)=George Down.
2.Ahitere(m)=Oriwa(f)
3.Akenihi Te Hauauru(f)=Te Kiha Awhikohatu(m).S.P.
4.Maata(f)=Matepo(m)
5.Rea Waitote(f)=Manihera Te Paa(m)
6.Hana Tiore(f).S.P.
and check www.familysearch.org. By typing their name & then in the surname box type Raharuhi.
Edited by - Dreden on May 28 2007 3:51:27 PM

Edited by - Dreden on May 28 2007 3:53:30 PM

Edited by - Dreden on May 28 2007 4:01:07 PM

Edited by - Dreden on Jul 01 2007 12:04:03 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 3:48 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Raukawa = Mahina-a-rangi
| Rereahu
Whakatere = Maikukutea Ihingarangi
| Kuri
___________ Poroahi
| | |
Pikiahu Huri = Akamorunga

The connections of the Ngati Huri hapu of Te Waotu in Te Kaoakao-roa-o-Patetere to the People Ngati Pikiahu hapu of Tokorangi, Halcomb, Feilding.

Some of the Ngati Te Ngakau hapu of Tarukenga up near Ngongotaha have connections into thru Poroahi. The Ihingarangi descendants are all the Ngati Koroki hapu of Maungatautari and Ngati Haua people, as well as the Ngati Ihingarangi of Taumarunui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 11:49 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

aue! my whakapapa went all haywire.

That should be:

Raukawa = Mahina-a-rangi
Whakatere = Maikukutea

1. Pikiahu 2. Huri = Akamorunga

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raukawa
Rereahu
Ihingarangi
Kuri
Poroahi
Akamorunga = Huri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 11:53 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora maniapoto-jack, ko Kereū ko Kikopiri āku marae nā reirā ko ngā hapū katoa o Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga i āku whānaunga. Nō hea koe?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2007 8:41 am
Debzone OWC
(@debzone-owc)

Thanks to every who have responded. It has been awhile since I have visited and I see I have missed a few postings. Thank you and I wish everyone a Meri Kihimete.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2007 6:35 pm
Share: