Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Raureti Te Huia  

RSS
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Please can any kind soul tell me anything
about this man Raureti Te Huia of waikato? Wife, parents, tipuna etc....

Much appreciated

Posted : 07 November, 2005 10:56 am
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

Kia ora Huiabird, My Nic name is Hotutaua, but i am not in anyway connected with the Te Huia whanau.But I do have a Hapu connection. But i'll exsplain this connection later.The Te Huia whanau are from around Te Awamutu, Kihikihi, and the Punui river region. The marae is called Maungatoatoa which on the south side of the Punui river about one Km from the Old Tokanu mental Hospital and 12 km south of Kihikihi town. Te Awamutu museum has an awsome historical history of this mans anme Raureti Te Huia of Ngati maniapoto/ Waikato who was the paramount chief,early 1900s, and im not saying it is the person you are inquiring about. Some of the Te Huia whanau still live around, Kihikihi and Te Awamutu, any contact numbers sorry cant help. But I did know a lady named Kay who is connected to the Te Huia whanau who used to or still dose work as a currator for the Te Awamutu Museum. So what a grate place to start. LOL Ngati Huiao, Ngati Ngutu, Ngati Tu Irirangi are Hapu I am Connected to, and these tupuna are also tupuna and Hapu of the Te Huia whanau, and these Hapu are part of the federation of Ngati Maniapoto iwi.The chief Maniapoto founder of the Maniapoto tribe lived 7 to 8 generation before the chief Riwi Maniapoto who lead the battle of ORAKAU, I hope this is some of what you are asking for, Kia kaha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 November, 2005 11:53 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora hotutaua
Much appreciate for your reply.

I am searching to find A & B wife named
to complete my whakapapa.

Rereahu - Rangianewa(1st wife)
(A)Te Ihingarangi - ?
(B)Raureti parata Te Huia - ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 10:22 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, if my info is correct, and we are talkng about the same person, this is what I have.

Rereahu == Rangianewa
Te Ihingarangi == Ringaariari
Uehaeroa
Waerenga
Hinewhatihua == Maniapoto
Tutakamoana
Rangatahi = Maniauruahu
Urunumia = Kawairirangi II
Te Kanawa Whaeapare
Whati = Ngunu
Te Uaki
Paiaka Te Huia
Raureti Te Huia
Te Whakatuute Te Huia == Materita Tiniwaata
Te Kawairirangi Te Huia born 1876

There are other lines to Raureti, but this is one that I relate to, as I know it.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 9:38 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia ora!
I lived across the road from this marae and grew up with this whanau Te Huia, my husband is very good friends with a Tohunga Whakairo he says the hapu is Pare Te Kawa with strong ties with our Kawhia whanau Ngati Mahuta, Ngati Hikairo.
Try if you can to contact Bobby Te Huia at Te Wananga o Aotearoa Ki Apakura and hopefully some there will know how to contact him as he is the eldest grandson of Reuban Te Huia and feel he would be glad to help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2005 10:12 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

tena koe kaye-kaye
I've found the history of raureti te huia. Awesome!

Very much know uncle bobby, and Grand uncle Reuban who is the younger brother to my grand father pateriki, first born of te huia whanau.
our marae, mangatoatoa at kihikihi, te awamutu.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2005 12:01 am
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

this is one line Same tupuna TEHEHEKE.
TEHEKE
RANGIWAERO(F)= NGUTU(M) NGATI NGUTU
MAHURIPOUNAMU
KAMOEAWA
PARETAAHEKE
NGUNGU