Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

REEDY, Poihaere (nee Iriapa Te Koari): Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
Gwenn OWC
(@gwenn-owc)

Text
I have just been searching this site and finally found some information regarding my whanau. I came across some information posted in the Archives Forums, by author "Whakarua" posted on 9 September 2000. The information provided related to their grandmother, Poihaere Iriapa Te Koari who married Bill Reedy of the East Coast. Her sisters name was Pukume Kirikatipa from Hauraki/Waikato. I know this is a long shot considering how long ago this message was posted, however I would like to get in contact with the author as Poihaere Reedy is my great grandmother, my grandmother being Kura Kaiwai (nee Reedy).

Posted : 17 March, 2006 6:34 pm
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora Gwenn,

I'm new to this site but I know some Reedy whanau and they come from Hiruharama, well I think.

You need to contact someone in Hiruharama their Marae is Rongohaere, so someone is usually there but I'll give you Rongo-I-Te-Kai numba (06) 864 8592. But I'll keep you posted on who else to contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2006 9:41 pm
Gwenn OWC
(@gwenn-owc)

Hi there, thanks for that I appreciate any help I can get. Excuse my ignorance but where is Hiruharama?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2006 10:14 pm
wiremur OWC
(@wiremur-owc)

kia ora gwen,
is hori (george) kaiwai your dad... if he is please write back asap.

wtmr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2006 6:26 pm
Gwenn OWC
(@gwenn-owc)

Hi there,

Yes George is my birth father. May I ask who wants to know?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2006 6:36 pm
Te_Mohoao OWC
(@te_mohoao-owc)

Kia ora Gwen,
I am a Reedy from Hiruharama - my grandfather was Hone Te Mauwhare Reedy who was a brother to Bill Reedy(to tipuna) he was known as "Kopata Bill" If you require any more info --uia mai - ask.
Heoi ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 9:08 pm
brendonm OWC
(@brendonm-owc)

Kia ora,
the Poihaere whom you speak of sounds like the daughter Poihaere of my Great Grand father Eriapa Te Koari. The spelling is often a little different due to the nature of the written word as opposed the oral whakapapa which is handed down. Some people may spell it Irapa, but at the end of the day it is the same thing. Eriapa was married to Ngaone and also had a daughter Te Aukume, which again very close to the Pukume you've mentioned. In addition my koro, Te Ringa Katao Eriapa (aka Jack Moses) was there son, along with their siblings Tirakahurangi, Te Miingi, Waata and others. I am compiling this whakapapa and am interested in knowing more about your descendency and related whakapapa. Please feel free to contact me directly via this site or 027 4463945.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2006 9:27 pm
Gwenn OWC
(@gwenn-owc)

Hi,

Yes I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same person and I'm not suprised at all I had the spelling wrong. I do have a bit of information, however I'm not sure how much you want so you can send me an email if you want as I'm only too happy to help. I would also be interested in whatever information you think may help me out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2006 6:14 pm
Share: