Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RENATA Tuahine and LEWIS Mere. Looking for mothers whakapapa  

RSS
Eliene St. Romain OWC
(@eliene-st-romain-owc)

My mother's maiden name was RENATA; Laura Okeroa. Unfortunately I have no family to ask about my whakapapa so would appreciate any help at all. I know that my grandfather RENATA Tuahine was from Waimarama and his tribe was Ngati Kurukuru and my grandmother Mere LEWIS was from Napier and of the Ngati Kahungugnu at the time of my mother's birth in 1923. Thank you to anyone who can possibly help me with this. Thank you.

Posted : 07 May, 2005 1:10 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Eliene St. Romain ,

Make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on Full Search then search for Renata. There are quite a few results there as well as whanau in the People Directory - contact them and they may be able to help you. There are also some birth / death records there too.

You can also try www.whitepages.co.nz for Renata Whanau - you maybe able to find whanau that can help you

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2005 12:46 pm
Eliene St. Romain OWC
(@eliene-st-romain-owc)

Thank you. Appreciate any help and advice. This is all new for me but am looking forward to the journey.
Light & Love
Eliene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2005 1:55 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Check with the Edwards family in Wairoa, ask where Edith Maud Lewis who md Matiu Edwards was from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 10:50 pm
vhohaia OWC
(@vhohaia-owc)

try www.surnamenavigator.org punch in nz then renata all renata whanau are thier so you may find your ancestor thier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 July, 2007 10:13 am
tamla OWC
(@tamla-owc)

Hi Eliene, Tuahine Renata's first wife was Erena Karauria, they had a son called Turoa Renata who is my Great Grandfather, my grandmother was their whangai daughter. We are all from Waimarama, living in Hastings. My sister and I are currently researching our history to try and stop the sale of the Mission Reserve at Waimarama as we thought it was gifted by our family and I was just googling Tuahine Renata and your question popped up so I thought I would reply. Tuahine lived with (but were unmarried at his time of death) to Mary Lewis in Napier and they had two children, one being Richard renata and the other a daughter Laura Renata who is your Mum. If you want to know any more, I'll try and answer best I can as I'm a total novice at this whakapapa researching stuff. My name is Tamla Smith and my history is My Dad Eru Smith was son of Pani matuakore Smith who was Turoa Renatas whangai daughter and only child. I haven't got my whakapapa here, it's at my sisters but there were other children in Turoas line. Your mum was youngest of Tuahines children.Hope to hear back from you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2007 10:56 pm
conton
(@conton)

Hi Eliene
Was your grandmother the daughter of Jack(AKAJohn Lewis)
Conton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2007 7:57 pm
Share: