Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RENATI,Manurau and Joseph Maika  

RSS
tommy43 OWC
(@tommy43-owc)

kia ora

Am trying to gather information on my nans parents Manurau and Joseph
My nan was Merita Rapana(nee Renati)who married koro Fred Rapana
They lived in Mourea,just out of Rotorua

Have looked just about everywhere and can't find Renati anywhere
It could be Renata,not sure but if you got anything,cher

Posted : 13 January, 2006 12:19 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora tommy43
I found a 'Merita Renati' in family search, but info is vague suggesting that Merita was a male born 1906, died 1985 parents were Manurau and Renati. Ring any bells?

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2006 2:06 am
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Kia ora Tommy,

By now you will be aware of our whakapapa online. If you need to access it just give me a buzz. Got some good info. And you will be proud of nana Merita's line. Info dates back to before 1826.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 1:19 am
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Ps Tom, be interested to know where you got the name Joseph from. Manurau's maiden name is Te Poro who married Renati Te Rangipuawhe. Can you let me know maybe I missed something.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 1:23 am
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

tena koe Tommy, I do know your family from Rotorua. The Rapana's from Pikiao - Mourea and the Renati Maika whanau from Tuhourangi and te puke. I know the geneaolgy from Renati upward on his fathers line and the korero surrounding that lineage. Reply to me if you wana know

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 6:49 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Kia ora Taiga,

You mention you know the Renati line. I would be most interested if you can shed some light on this for me. My mother as mentioned in previous posts is Elizabeth Hinga (nee Rapana) daughter of Merita Rapana (nee Renati). I am researching our whakapapa. Your help would be most appreciated. I also sent an email direct but fear it has been sometime and the account may be obsolete. Yours in anticipation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 12:52 am
Share: