Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Reubens / Reupena  

RSS
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Wi Reupena or Reuben married Maora Nekewhare Makiwera or Maxwell
They lived with his whanau in the Waikato.
I am interested in making contact with decendants in order to share with them a transcript left behind by our GGrandmother Hera Maurahu Maxwell(nee Knox /Enoka) who was born around 1855 daughter of Maora Nekewhare (snr)

Edited by - markonijoy on Oct 16 2005 10:23:23 PM

Posted : 26 August, 2005 11:07 pm
Huirapa
(@huirapa)

Kia Markonijoy, The correct transliteration is
Rupene/Reuben. Do you know exactely where in the Waikato. There are also many in Te Waiponaumu too especially around Tuahiwi and Arowhenua. They would be one of the larger families in these areas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2005 4:33 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Thanks Pohowaitai for clarifying that. I have taken it as written in the translated document.
Pity I dont have the original maori version as many of the names and places mentioned are probably phoenetic translations.
Since posting this I have made contact with some descendants from this branch. Much thanks to those from this site who helped, in particular "maoriboy" kind regards Joy

Edited by - markonijoy on Mar 03 2006 03:13:44 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2005 4:44 pm
mihiaroha OWC
(@mihiaroha-owc)

Kia ora, i am a decendant of Hera and Patrick Maxwell through Te Ngaronui. I would be very interested in reading the manuscript left behind by Hera if possible. Thank you.
Kind regards Mihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2007 9:35 am
Share: