Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RIPI Whanau,Looking for help with Whakapapa  

RSS
wiremupoutu OWC
(@wiremupoutu-owc)

Kia ora Whanau...i am helping my partner find her Whakapapa on the RIPI Whanau,what she does know is that she is Related to the WIHONGI,MATIU,APETERA,CASH and the MANIHERA{Maunsell} whanau of Tai Tokerau,I myself are woundering if she comes fourth from Paratene TE RIPI and Mereana ARAITEURU cause they had children Erana Paruru TE RIPI,Ripeka TE RIPI,Te Paki TE RIPI and a Wi Hongi TE RIPI{also known as Wiremu Hongi TE RIPI},Wi Hongi TE RIPI went on to use Wi Hongi as his surname WIHONGI,i guessing that's why she is related to the WIHONGI whanau,she also mentions her father comming from a place called black river or back river,also from Tai Tokerau Marae.I'm scratching the surface at the moment with what info i have but hoping that someone will fill the caps i have,this is a little bit of her Whakapapa...

Her Fathers
John RIPI = Orewa MATIU{also Known as Pine MATIU}
they had Samuel RIPI = Racheal MAUNSELL
they had children,John RIPI,Denise RIPI{my Partner},Eugene RIPI and Samuel Jr RIPI..

Her Mothers
Manga Titoki{Pupari}APETERA = Rangipinengahuru MANIHERA.
They had Iriangi APETERA = Haki MAUNSELL.
Irirangi APETERA Then had Racheal MAUNSELL,but not to Haki MAUNSELL.
Racheal MAUNSELL = Samuel RIPI.
They had children,John RIPI,Denise RIPI{my Partner},Eugene RIPI and Samuel Jr RIPI...

My partner's Grandmother Orewa MATIU had another marriage to a CASH, My Father inlaw Samuel RIPI has a half brother known as Chinky CASH and lives in Kawakawa...

Hope this helps,will fill in more info as i find out,my partners e-mail is deniseripi@clear.net.nz Ma TE Wa...Ngapuhi Nui Tonu

Posted : 19 February, 2007 3:12 pm
Share: