Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RUA, Toko  

RSS
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

I've come to a dead end.
Looking for any information on Toko Rua (son of Rua Kenana), who I believe is my partners great great grandfather.I am trying to track my partners whakapapa so any information on Toko Rua, Rua Kenana, or any of his wives would be really appreciated.

Posted : 17 June, 2005 12:34 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Tena koe Geenie,
nga mihi. My Great Grandmother, Tawhakirangi, was married to Toko. Toko's mother was Pinepine of the Ngati Kuri, Ngati Te Paenga people of Ruatahuna.
I am of the Te Kaawa whanau of Ruatahuna - Toko Rua is a Great Grandfather to me.
The book 'Mihaia' written by Judith Binney would also be a good resource for you to research.
Otherwise make contact, I'll be glad to help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2005 8:30 pm
Wharetapu OWC
(@wharetapu-owc)

Kia Ora Tuahine,

The person to make contct with is Tama Nikora. He is a man on a mission with whakapapa and as you might be aware, the Raupatu claims have just completed in Tuhoe. Any information pertaining to Rua Kenana whakapapa you will find inside of the claimants documents.

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2005 1:18 pm
terangihaeata OWC
(@terangihaeata-owc)

Kia ora kia koe Tuahine, Firstly I am a descendant of the Koroua Rua Kenana, My grandfather was Mauherehere Rua whom till he died was the caretaker for the marae at home in Tuapo! Ae and as Arapeta Te Rire was saying yes her information is correct! Who is your Taane! It would be good to make contact with whanau thats for sure! Hope you get back to me soon!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2005 8:54 pm
Midnight OWC
(@midnight-owc)

Kia ora u should be using his whole name its tokoponamu shawty
n yeah u should cruz back to matahi if u wanna learn a lil bit more
bout our whanauif im wrong bout his name been tokoponamu then there mus have being two tokos n tha rua clan

Edited by - Midnight on Sep 01 2005 2:39:44 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2005 2:35 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

quote:

Kia ora u should be using his whole name its tokoponamu shawty
n yeah u should cruz back to matahi if u wanna learn a lil bit more
bout our whanauif im wrong bout his name been tokoponamu then there mus have being two tokos n tha rua clan

Edited by - Midnight on Sep 01 2005 2:39:44 PM

Tena koe Midnight,

Tautoko tou korero, however, my Kuia, Tawhakirangi, who was married to Toko never referred to him as Tokopounamu. NO there was only one Toko who was the second eldest son of Rua Kenana & Pinepine. E hoa I think you had better return home to Matahi. Our sister here is doing a wonderful job researching about our Tipuna Toko. Maybe a trip to Maungapohatu & Ruatahuna would also be helpful to broaden your horizon about Toko e hoa. Nga mihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2005 9:04 am
jonas OWC
(@jonas-owc)

Kia Ora koe kotiro. Tenei ra te tautokohia atu i nga korero o nga tangata nei. Engari ko te tangata mau hai korero atu ko te tohunga nei a Hohepa Kereopa. He Mokopuna ano ia no Rua Kenana. Na reira tenei ra te mihi atu kia koe ki te awhina atu i to hoa rangatira.
Mauri Ora!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2005 1:24 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Kia ora e te rangatira Jonas, kai te tika au korero mo to tatou nei Paapaa a Hohepa Kereopa. Koia te tangata hei whakairo korero mo to tatou nei Paapaa a Toko. Maori atu, Maori mai!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 December, 2005 8:19 pm
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

kia ora Wharetapu
how would i go about getting a hold of tha Raupatu
Documents?would they in the library?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2006 7:36 pm
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

Thank you all so much for all your help and all your posts, it is much appreciated.
Last yeat I read a book about Rua Kenana written by Peter Webster, The book is called Rua and the Maori Millenium. It is very enlightening, and the author actually met Rua's last wife before she passed, it is an awesome book if you ever come across it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2006 9:49 pm
Share: