Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Searching for whakapapa of HENARE,Wiremu  

RSS
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

WIREMU HENARE;

Kiaora I am searching for the whakapapa of Wiremu Henare,
He is my great grandfather, but as he passed on before I was born it is very important for me to trace his whanau tree.
I know he was of ngapuhi descent and married Erana Hikitapua from waipiro bay east coast. In my family tree his line is the only one that is a mystery.Guessing birthdate round about the late 1800's or early 1900's.
To my knowledge of him he was a gifted man and lived in ngati-porou in the last years of his life.
Is there anyone who may be able to shed some light on my search?

Posted : 12 November, 2007 10:30 pm
navigator OWC
(@navigator-owc)

Tena Koe taku whanaunga,

Wi koroua was also my great grandfather. He still has a daughter alive who lives in Hastings.
Hope this is of help to you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2008 6:26 pm
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

Cool my nan is Kockie, so its your couzy from the north....Nanny Nancy had asked me if I could find some background on her fathers whakapapa from ngati-hine, she wasn't too sure about the branch...though she knew some but not all...I know we connect through ties of Zane Grey.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2008 9:11 pm
navigator OWC
(@navigator-owc)

kia ora ano

how is your mum,sorry I never got to your dads unveiling, this is Kawa, try getting hold of Aunty Girlie she has alot of info on his whakapapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2008 7:22 pm
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

I haven't heard from her for years, where is aunty Girlie knowa days, do you know of any contact details for her?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2008 9:31 pm
navigator OWC
(@navigator-owc)

she stays with her daughter in Tamatea, Napier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2008 6:07 pm
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

Thanks for that, I'm currently living up north and not sure when I'll be down those ways again, maybe the upcoming school holidays...A phone number would be useful..Thanks for that..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2008 9:30 pm
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

Thanks for that, I'm currently living up north and not sure when I'll be down those ways again, maybe the upcoming school holidays...A phone number would be useful..Thanks for that..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2008 9:30 pm
navigator OWC
(@navigator-owc)

Kia ora ano

I will try and get one for you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2008 7:46 pm
ngatigirl OWC
(@ngatigirl-owc)

Thanks for that navigator, I hear my dad is down there in hastings working, I dunno if he'll get time to go and see aunty Girlie. I hope so!!!My dad is Apanui White, he was staying with Rnty Pani in hastings somewhere last I heard, they'll be working for 3months over there.But just in case a phone number will be quicker I think...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2008 1:51 pm
Share: