Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Sharpe Thomas (Tom) John  

RSS
ChrisM
(@chrism)

Kia Ora Koutou,
My Poua was 5 years old when adopted by a couple, (William John Sharpe and Eliza Pringle)who owned a farm close to Sydney in late 1895, his whanau are Ngai Tahu from from Banks Peninsula. I assume that due to the age of his adoption (5) that his first name is Thomas/Tom or a transliteration of the previous. I am trying to whakapapa back from Tom. He married Ida May Tidyman and they lived at Neutral Bay and Tom made fishing baskets for a living. I know it is a long shot but if anybody knows of any Ngai Tahu who where in Australia at the time of his adoption, and perhaps never returned home?

(This is not really a new post, just updating/consolidating the details)

Ka Kite
Chris

Posted : 15 November, 2005 5:48 pm
Share: