Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Strongman  

RSS
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Kia Ora and Te Koe, I am researching my Whakapapa, which I've been doing for a couple of years now and I'm searching for my Great Grandfather : Robert Henry Strongman snr who was married to :Maryann Margaret Strongman ( Nee:Dell Gorrie.or Gorry)from KeriKeri.B.O.I's.
Now Robert Henry Strongman's Father was: Davis Strongman who was married to : Matilda Strongman ( Nee: Edmonds )from Kaikohe, her parents were : Erana & Arthur Edmonds from Kaikohe . Now as far I know Erana's parents were from : Kaikohe .So that makes me a Ngati Hine/ Ngaphuhi Descendant.

Posted : 23 July, 2007 4:02 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

I do remember reading that a Strongman married a man named Kuku (Cook) and there was a reunion last year. In Whakapapa do a search for the Cook or Kuku line. Or in reunions...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 August, 2007 3:08 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Have you a phone number?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 August, 2007 5:34 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

Kia Ora,
Send a mail to Graham Strongman....he is registered in this website, you have to look up his name on it.
I know that he will be able to help you as you are wanting whakapapa info etc... he is the man i would recommend to put you on the right path.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 August, 2007 1:06 am
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Hi Kina , I do know Graham, he is my cousin. I have his e-mail address.thanks for that 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 7:19 pm
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Hi Janice, I do know Graham, he is my cousin. I have his e-mail address.thanks for that 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 7:19 pm
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Hi Ngati, I do know the KUKU Whanau. My great,great,great,grand-father was :Marcelleus KUKU. My Mother's Great ,Grandfather.yes I do remember my mother mentioning it when I was young.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 7:23 pm
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Kia Ora Kina.you can contact me via my e-mail address it's:maoriwahine2007@gmail.com. And I will give you my contact phone number. Ka Kite Ano Kina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 7:26 pm
UNCLESAM01 OWC
(@unclesam01-owc)

Arthur Edmonds married Erana Kaire (1st Wife)
children
1 - Mesheck married Marara Pou
2 - Luiza demise 9/10/1920 married Samuel Calkin
3 - Ann Maraia
4 - Matilda
5 - Henry born 3/09/1854
6 - Sarah born 28/06/1857
7 - John Tucker born 26/09/1858
8 - Ann Charlotte born 5/08/1860
9 - Jane Eliz born 3/09/1864

Hamlin Edmonds is my great great grandfather. Who is brother to Arthur Edmonds.
I have whakapapa papers if you would like a copy.
martinponycook@hotmail.com or I also have a photo of GGGF Hamlin Edmonds - 5 generations on my bebo page in the Edmonds/Wells photo album.
http://martinponycook.bebo.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 November, 2007 10:00 pm
Share: