Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAHAROA BLOCKS A, B, C  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

I am trying to find out how one can find a current list of beneficiaries for these land blocks. Somehow, our whanau are no longer beneficiaries in any of these blocks, and trying to establish how this could have happened. My grandmother died in 1982 and since then, before my mother, uncle & aunties have been able to succeed to any land, they have slowly lost their shares in quite a few landblocks.

I find alot of our whakapapa through land blocks, and now it is getting harder to find ourselves as shareholders.

I HAVE tried the obvious channels mainly in Wanganui Land court, but, the response I got was that my ancestor was not a share holder, despite our family having copies of court proceedings that succeeded my grandmother to her land. Any other direction much appreciated

Posted : 29 November, 2005 5:17 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

From tomorrow onward Maori Land ONLINE is available to the public...just go to www.maorilandcourt.govt.nz and follow the instructions. Hope you ge tsome joy.
Arohanui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2005 9:11 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora Manu

Thanks for that, talk about timing

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2005 9:27 pm
Ree OWC
(@ree-owc)

Kia Ora,

To get a currnet list of beneficiaries for Taharoa C Block contact The Proprietors of Taharoa C Block on 07 849 4911 in Hamilton, they should be able to give you that information.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 6:57 am
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

kia ora

hi my name is Lionel Edmonds my partner is from taharoa and they have share in the taharoa c blocks her family name is Maikuku...... they belong to Aruka and Te koraha marae out those ways.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2006 9:47 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Aubry,
Its Jax here, Kuiatu/Pungarehu line. Take a look on www.maorilandonline.govt.nz, it is a land search engine through the maori land court, otherwise, I have the 0800 number for the Taharoa proprietors. Do you still have my email? Drop me a line okay.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 8:49 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Here the link, hope this help!

http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2006 1:25 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Ae, kia ora Huiabird.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 4:27 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora

I found this interesting as we have whenua out those ways too but I was informed by MLOL that to succeed land from your tupuna or parents, you have to submit your siblings also and that no One person born of many siblings can suceed over them.

Only an only child can do so and then you have to pay a fee to do so!

Does that make sense?
Could it be that whanau members put all their shares in together and formed a Whanau Whenua Trust?
I hope this was helpful
Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2006 11:54 am
dpayne
(@dpayne)

Kia ora whanau, my grandfather is in Taharoa C and although we have put his shares in a Trust, the issues that are raised here regarding succession and missing shares is a real one which we deal with every day. If you need some help, try this website: http://www.paygra.co.nz/maori_land_services. We are astounded at the information that is provided to Maori land owners or to their beneficiaries. We find a lot of the work that is undertaken involves whanau that have ripped off over the years. He whakaaro.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2007 1:50 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora dlm, just logged in there & the website is no longer available. Good to see your posting for this year, looks like the other posts are 1 & 2 year's old.
Hopefully Uubry has succeeded already to her ancestral lands in Taharoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 2:31 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Ano
That site is still in effect, www.paygra.co.nz.

Umm, I have recently found out some info about the maoriland courts dealings from the past when helping research for extended whanau. Just breifly, back in the 1970's there was a 'law' I guess you could call it, that allowed for wives to succeed as sole beneficiary to her husbands land shares, this inturn could then be succeeded to by issue born of that marriage. This 'law' however excluded any children from a previous marriage to later lay any claims to those shares through parentage because the shares etc now belonged to the wife. Even having a copy of the husbands Last Will & Testament detailing how shares are to be split... means nothing today. Very sad news. Luckily, now-a-days that 'law' has been upgraded huh.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 June, 2007 3:58 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, I discovered from MLC this week that a relative succeeded to shares back in 2000, all minute papers state UNADVERTISED....who makes this decision, how does one find out that someone is putting a succession in to our lands if it is not advertised. Scary that courts still allow this to happen so recently

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2007 4:27 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, is there anyone out there who knows what happened to Taharoa B & Wharepuhunga No 2, I find references to SOLD but no trail as to who sold it, who bought it, and how it got out of Maori Ownershp in the first place. My Nanny was receiving her Cheque for the Iron Sands up to the day she died in 1982, however, when it came to succeeding, we are no longer in those blocks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 June, 2007 11:48 pm
viona OWC
(@viona-owc)

quote:

I am trying to find out how one can find a current list of beneficiaries for these land blocks. Somehow, our whanau are no longer beneficiaries in any of these blocks, and trying to establish how this could have happened. My grandmother died in 1982 and since then, before my mother, uncle & aunties have been able to succeed to any land, they have slowly lost their shares in quite a few landblocks.

I find alot of our whakapapa through land blocks, and now it is getting harder to find ourselves as shareholders.

I HAVE tried the obvious channels mainly in Wanganui Land court, but, the response I got was that my ancestor was not a share holder, despite our family having copies of court proceedings that succeeded my grandmother to her land. Any other direction much appreciated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2007 5:09 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: